Sulfur Dioxide Sensor Market: Introduction
- Sulfur dioxide is a colorless gas with a strong odor. Sulfur dioxide is not flammable, but is considered a highly toxic gas. Sulfur dioxide, when combined with water, becomes sulfuric acid, which is highly corrosive and can cause chemical burns.
- Sulfur dioxide level monitoring is important for two main reasons. This is because industrial buildings such as power plants emit large amounts of sulfur dioxide, which is a highly reactive gas.
- Sulfur dioxide, or SO2, occurs naturally through volcanic activity and is also created as a by-product of copper extraction and burning fossil fuels contaminated with sulfur compounds
- A sulfur dioxide sensor is installed on the wall and is used in cases where it is necessary to monitor the leakage concentration of sulfur dioxide
- Chemical, oil & gas, and mining industries utilize gas sensors to detect and monitor the presence of flammable and toxic gases
- The sulfur dioxide sensor is employed in the application of fumigation, in poultry houses, coking operations, petroleum refineries, refrigeration & cold storage facility, fermentation process and packaging, chemical pulping, etc.
Rising Demand for Sulfur Dioxide Sensor in Food & Beverage Industry
- Based on end-use industry, the market can be segmented into food & beverage, pharmaceutical, chemical, cement, and others
- The food & beverage segment of the global sulfur dioxide sensor market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in use of sulfur dioxide sensor for wide range of applications as a fumigant, preservative, bleach and steeping agent for grain.
- The sulfur dioxide sensor also offers numerous benefits such as high sensitivity, quick response, long life, and stable output signal at high temperature
- Rise in number of smart city projects being rolled out worldwide is driving the demand for IoT enabled sulfur dioxide sensors to monitor environmental gas, which in turn is also propelling the market
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Sulfur Dioxide Sensor Market
- In terms of region, the global sulfur dioxide sensor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The sulfur dioxide sensor market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand considerably during the forecast period due to increasing pollution levels in countries across the region
- Surge in public awareness about the impact of air pollution on human health is fueling the demand for air cleaners, air purifiers and air quality monitors. This is also projected to drive the sulfur dioxide sensor market in Asia Pacific. Innovation in technologies are expected to increase the demand for sulfur dioxide sensor.
- The sulfur dioxide sensor market in Asia Pacific is also expected to expand at a high growth rate due to the presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in North America is likely to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period owing to reduced competition in the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Sulfur Dioxide Sensor Market
Major players operating in global sulfur dioxide sensor market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to cater to a rise in the demand for sulfur dioxide sensor market. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative and advanced technologies.
Key players operating in the global sulfur dioxide sensor market include:
- Pem-Tech, Inc.
- Zhengzhou Winsen Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.
- SEITRON S.p.A.
- HENGKO Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Renke Control Technology Co., Ltd.
- ATi UK
Global Sulfur Dioxide Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Sulfur Dioxide Sensor Market, by Variant Type
Global Sulfur Dioxide Sensor Market, by Application
- Poultry houses
- Coking operations
- Petroleum Refineries
- Refrigeration & cold storage facility
- Others (Fermentation process and packaging, Chemical Pulping etc.)
Global Sulfur Dioxide Sensor Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverage
- Others (Textile, petrochemical etc.)
Global Sulfur Dioxide Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.