Critical for off-shore drilling operations, subsea fasteners contain pressure and bear load, ensuring proper functioning of equipment, and valves, making off-shore drilling operations safe and reliable. And, as gas and oil exploration takes off substantially, the global subsea fasteners market would see a higher growth trajectory from 2018 to 2026.
It is also worth noting here that the fact that subsea fasteners enable adequate performance, and help prevent failures that can prove costly in terms of both money and human life, is massively working in favor of their use over the forecast period.
Some of the significant factors of growth are outlined below:
- In 2019, various leases were shelled out and the number broke records – 50. Players are highly focused on certain regions, seen as hotbeds, such as Africa, Latin America, and the Mediterranean region, known to lead the exploration landscape. In terms of BOE (Barrels of Oil Equivalent), a four-year record was broken in 2019 with a BOE of 12.2 billion. Out of total, 26 new discoveries we made in the aforementioned hotbeds. These discoveries come to 100 BOE. This proves that a high trajectory is taken by these discoveries.
- Population will touch the 9.7 billion mark – an additional 2 billion - by 2050. This population will need oil and gas for a number of reasons such as vehicular fuel, products such as detergents, and personal care products such as lotions. They will also need houses and heating mechanisms in the houses. All, this is a perfect foundation for a massive increase in demand for oil, leading to exploration and drilling activities. This, in turn, will lead to a healthy demand for subsea fasteners, helping the global subsea fasteners market chart an upward facing curve, steep and sturdy over the forecast period.
Global Subsea Fasteners Market: Overview
Subsea fasteners are used for critical offshore drilling operations. The major challenge in subsea fastener is in terms of material selection, quality assurance/control, traceability and documentation for manufacture and delivery, to ensure adequate performance, integrity and avoidance of costly failures. Critical subsea fastener is pressure containing and primary load bearing forgings, but may affect functionality of valves, equipment, and instruments for safe, reliable, and cost-effective operations. New oilfield discoveries on offshore are expected to boost the demand for subsea fasteners. Rapid depletion of oil reserves is influencing the outlook of the global oil & gas industry. Efforts are being taken to explore new oilfield reserves, particularly in North Sea, South China Sea, Gulf of Mexico, and the Persian Gulf. This, in turn, is anticipated to offer substantial growth opportunities to the subsea fasteners market in the near future.
Global Subsea Fasteners Market: Drivers & Restraints
Revitalization of aging field wells is anticipated to drive offshore activities. This increase in offshore production is estimated to augment the demand of subsea fasteners. Subsea offers several challenges for oil & gas exploration. This requires advance planning. The oil & gas industry is engaged in identifying advanced techniques and technologies that can help it maximize revenues from existing brownfields and new assets by enhancing their output. Several major oil & gas industries still do not have established subsea intervention policies. However, this scenario is gradually changing. Increase in number of oil & gas companies have begun to realize the need for regular interventions in their growing portfolios of subsea wells. This is expected to drive the subsea fasteners market in the near future. However, volatility of crude oil prices can hinder the subsea fasteners market. Subsea fasteners affects the exploration and production oil companies and EPC or service provider companies.
Global Subsea Fasteners Market: Key Segments
The subsea fasteners market can be segmented based on type, application, and region. Based on type, the subsea fasteners market can be divided into all thread stud bolts, engineer stud bolts, double-ended stud bolts, waisted engineer stud bolts, socket caps crews, heavy hexagon bolts and setscrews (hex head capscrews), bi-hex bolts & screws (ferry heads or 12-point bolts), hook bolts, tee bolts, u-bolts, heavy hex nuts, and washers. Based on application, the subsea fasteners market can be divided into oil & gas, power generation, petrochemical, and others. The oil and gas segments accounted major share for subsea fasteners market.
Global Subsea Fasteners Market: Regional Outlook
Based on region, the subsea fasteners market can be segregated into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. North America held the major share of the subsea fasteners market in 2017, followed by Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the subsea fasteners market in 2017, owing to the presence of a large number of rig wells in the U.S. and Canada. The U.S. had more than 850 rigs, while Canada owned more than 200 rigs in 2017. This offers key opportunities to the subsea fasteners market in the region. Middle East & Africa is a rapidly expanding region of the subsea fasteners market. Nigeria accounts for prominent share of the subsea fasteners market in the region. In terms of value, Asia Pacific constituted substantial share of the global subsea fasteners market in 2017, owing to the discovery of a large number of offshore reserves in the region.
Global Subsea Fasteners Market: Key Players
Key players operating in the global subsea fasteners market include LSP Holding (UK) LTD, Hague Fasteners Ltd., Doxsteel Fasteners, Thomas Smith Fasteners, HCL Fasteners Ltd, and MARO Fasteners B.V.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.