A SIM or subscriber identity module is a smart card inside the GSM cellular phone that stores International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) to identify and authenticate the user on mobile telephony devices. SIM is a small card that contains programming and information such as phonebook entries. The major advantage of GSM architecture is that the SIM can be moved from one mobile station to another.
Depending on its size, the SIM can be classified as
SIM cards are necessary in all cell phones for connecting to any particular network. The flash memory integrated in SIM cards also works as a memory card for storing the information such as phonebook contacts, messages, and others. Most of the currently available SIM cards come with the capacity of 32 or 64 KB of storage for holding the personal identity information, and other data. With the incorporation of multimedia functions in mobile phones, the need for SIM cards with more memory storage capacity is increasing. Hence, SIM card manufacturers are engaged in developing SIM cards with superior storage capacities, allowing the storage of all kind of digital files.
SIM card is proving as an alternative solution to the memory cards; however, they are not compatible with other devices except cell phones. SIM cards act as an in-built storage as they are not that portable. Additionally, there are very few card readers that support the format of SIM cards, which is limiting the use of SIM cards as memory cards.
Some of the key players engaged in manufacturing of SIM cards include Datang Microelectronics Technology Co., Ltd., Ebtikar Card Systems, Gemalto NV, Giesecke & Devrient, Eastcompeace Smart Card Co., Ltd., KEBTechnology, Eastcompeace Smart Card Co., Ltd., Solacia, TianYu Inc., and Watchdata Technologies Pte Ltd., Morpho, Oberthur Technologies, and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments