Global Submarine Data Cables Market: Introduction
- Submarine data cables are the cables used for communication in offshore projects, such as oil & gas fields and wind farms. They are also employed in data centers located in various parts of the world. Over the last decade, there has been rise in offshore oil and gas exploration and extraction, installation of offshore wind farms, and development of telecommunication infrastructure.
- Due to high demand for submarine data cables, several private companies and multilateral development banks are investing in the global market for submarine data cables. Increased demand for Internet connectivity presents a significant opportunity for the global submarine data cables market.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Submarine Data Cables Market
- Rapid industrialization and urbanization in developing countries has led to rise in the demand for Internet connectivity, which is a key driver of the global submarine data cables market. Due to rapid industrialization and urbanization, household incomes and spending capacity in developing countries have increased. This is driving the submarine data cables market in these countries.
- Increased investments by private companies in the submarine data cables market is another driver of the global market. Companies such as Google Inc., Facebook, Inc., and Microsoft are heavily investing in the market. For instance, Google Inc. invested around US$ 42 Bn from 2016 to 2018 in the installation of new submarine data cables with the total length of around 112,000 kilometers.
- Installation of submarine data cables requires highly advance technology and specialized equipment, which increases the project cost. High initial investments is a major restraint of the global submarine data cables market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Submarine Data Cables Market: Segmentation
- The global submarine data cables market can be segmented in terms of cable type, project type, and end-user
- Based on cable type, the global submarine data cables market can be segmented into single armored and double armored. The double armored segment is expected to dominate the global submarine data cables market during the forecast period. Demand for double armored cables is high, as they are installed in deep sea water.
- In terms of project type, the global submarine data cables market can be divided into new project and up-gradation. After introduction of 5G networks, the demand for submarine data cables in new projects has risen. Hence, the new project segment is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on end-user, the global submarine data cables market can be classified into oil & gas, wind energy, telecommunication, and others. The telecommunication segment dominates the global market. This can be ascribed to the rise in urbanization and increase in the implementation of automation and IoT-based systems.
Global Submarine Data Cables Market: Regional Outlook
- Based on region, the global submarine data cables market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- With the rapid industrialization and modernization in Asia Pacific, the region is estimated to dominate the global submarine data cables market from 2020 to 2030. In this region, countries such as China, Japan, and India have witnessed rapid growth of telecommunication and oil & gas industries.
- The submarine data cables markets in North America and Europe are projected to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to rapid increase in infrastructure development and industrialization in these regions
- The submarine data cables markets in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is estimated to expand at a steady CAGR during the forecast period, due to steady growth of oil & gas and telecommunication industries in these regions
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
- Hexatronic Cables & Interconnect Systems
- Turkuaz Cable, Inc.
- ZT International Ltd
- Jiangsu Hengtong Au Optronics Co
- NEC Corporation
- Alcatel Submarine Networks
- SubCom, LLC
- AEI Cables Ltd
- Corning Incorporated
- Grupo General Cable Sistemas
Global Submarine Data Cables Market: Research Scope
Global Submarine Data Cables Market, by Cable Type
- Single Armored
- Double Armored
Global Submarine Data Cables Market, by Project Type
- New Project
Global Submarine Data Cables Market, by End-user
- Oil & Gas
- Wind Energy
Global Submarine Data Cables Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.