Global Studio Umbrella Market – Introduction
- Studio umbrellas are used for photography during marriages, making films, and for individual purposes. Studio umbrellas use light modifiers to click a picture. They are perfect for beginners as they are inexpensive, portable, and efficient. These umbrellas spread the light all over the place and turns the light into a softer mode. The harsh shadows are removed, spreading the light in different directions. This means that the user needs to attach a studio umbrella as an external lighting source. The umbrellas not only spread the light in different directions but also over a larger area in order to cover the picture from a distance. Therefore, studio umbrellas are also a type of diffuser. Like softboxes, an umbrella is often used in studio photography and other types of portfolio pictures. While softboxes are easier to control, umbrellas tend to be more affordable and easier to set up.
Easy to carry, have a steady lock, and provides continuous daylight
- Studio umbrellas are lightweight and versatile. Disassembly is fast and simple. It can be placed in a carrying case and stretched to hold in a straight forward manner. Studio umbrellas have a peak adjustment rod which has a security lock over. This protects the camera from possible theft as it is an expensive item. The three legs can move easily and gets locked alongside the pole. The three legs are steady, can easily mount the studio umbrella, and are durable. The lamp has a rotating body and can be rotated according to the angles of the sun’s light and to get better sunrays for taking pictures during the daylight.
Used for individual purposes and wedding purposes and comes in variety of sizes
- A studio umbrella can be used by beginners who want to try photography for passion and would want to use an umbrella with virtually any style of light, including sunlight, off-camera speedlites, strobes, monolights, and continuous light sources. Many photographers utilize 2 or 3 lights to maintain power when photographing a large group or product. There are two types of studio umbrellas used for wedding purposes: reflective studio umbrella and shoot through studio umbrella. In addition to the choice between reflective or shoot-through umbrellas, size and shape are determining factors. The larger the umbrella, the softer the quality of the light it reflects.
North America to Dominate the Global Studio Umbrella Market
- The global studio umbrella market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global studio umbrella market in 2020. The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to grow at a rapid rate in countries such as the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, and France, due to availability of home studio umbrellas for hobbyists, kits with intuitive assembly and breakdown mechanisms, energy efficient lights and serviceable LED bulbs, and lightweight and portable sets available, including carry bags, which is projected to surge the sales of studio umbrellas in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period in countries such as China, India, Japan and other countries in Southeast Asia due to high-quality nylon studio umbrellas, umbrellas spread at 33 inches, customization of light with different colored umbrellas, and ease of use when switching from one umbrella to another.
Key Players Operating in the Global Studio Umbrella Market
Major players operating in the global studio umbrella market are likely to face intense competition during the forecast period. Prominent companies such as neewer.com, EmartUS, LimoStudio, and F.J. Westcott Co., are focusing on making studio umbrellas which are translucent white umbrellas and can be used either as a shoot through or bounce light to reduce shadows and produce an even, soft, low contrast light over a relatively large area. Key players operating in the global studio umbrella market include:
- F.J. Westcott Co.
- Canon Inc.
- Aputure Imaging Industries Co. Ltd
- Nikon Corporation
- Linco Inc.
Global Studio Umbrella Market – Research Scope
Global Studio Umbrella Market, by Type
- Reflective Studio Umbrella
- Shoot Through Studio Umbrella
- Convertible Studio Umbrella
Global Studio Umbrella Market, by Size
- Deep Umbrellas
- Shallow Umbrellas
- Standard Umbrellas
Global Studio Umbrella Market, by Price Range
Global Studio Umbrella Market, by Application
Global Studio Umbrella Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Website
- E-commerce Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Independent Retail Stores, etc.)
Global Studio Umbrella Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America