String Wound Filter Materials: Introduction
- String wound filter materials are used for liquid filtration in various industries such as food & beverage, water treatment, pharmaceuticals, mining, oil & gas, chemical, air filtration, desalination, and automotive. These materials are majorly utilized to eliminate contaminants and chemical content in different water supplies. These materials are made from continuous filaments of polypropylene, cotton, rayon, and polyester.
Key Drivers of Global String Wound Filter Materials Market
- The market for string wound filter materials is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Expansion of the water treatment sector is expected to drive the demand for string wound filter materials.
- Significant demand for string wound filter materials from diverse industries such as water & water treatment industry, chemicals & petrochemicals, oil & gas, and food & beverage is expected to fuel the market during the forecast period
- Environment-friendliness, high cost-efficiency, and longer life of these materials are major factors that propel the string wound filter materials market
Polypropylene Type Segment to Dominate the Global Market
- In terms of volume, the polypropylene type segment is expected dominate the string wound filter materials market during the forecast period
- Compatibility of polypropylene with chemicals & water make it a better choice as a material. Polypropylene-based string wound filters are the preferred pre-filters for RO systems owing to the suitability of polypropylene with water & wastewater.
- Polypropylene-based string wound filters are utilized in various end-use industries such as food & beverages, chemicals & petrochemicals, oil & gas, and pharmaceuticals owing to its compatibility with a wide range of chemicals
Water & Wastewater End-use Industry Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on end-use industry, the water & wastewater segment accounted for a major share of the string wound filter materials market. Growing populations, stringent regulations governing water & wastewater treatment, and investment in water treatment plants are key factors that are estimated to drive the demand for string wound filter materials during the forecast period.
Availability of Various Substitutes to Hamper Global Market
- Availability of various filter types and materials is expected to increase the competition in the string wound filters materials market. Pleated, membrane, and melt blown filter materials are a few types of filters that are widely used in end-use industries. However, string wound filters are preferred, as they are cost-effective and possess high dirt holding capacity.
Covid-19 Impact on String Wound Filter Materials Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has led to suspension of manufacturing facilities, disruption of the supply chain, and reduced demand for oil & gas and industrial products. Therefore, the demand for string wound filter materials is anticipated to decline in several end-use industries in 2020 and 2021.
- Demand for string wound filter materials has been declining owing to reduced manufacturing output and delayed expansion projects across the globe owing to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, a rise in the demand from pharmaceutical and food & beverage industries is driving the market for string wound filter materials.
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global String Wound Filter Materials Market
- In terms of region, the global string wound filter materials market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to hold a notable share for the global string wound filter materials market during the forecast period. Expansion of the water treatment sector in the region is projected to propel the demand for string wound filter materials in North America.
- Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global string wound filter materials market during the forecast period. Demand for string wound filter materials is estimated to rise from the water & wastewater treatment, oil & gas, food & beverage, and chemical & petrochemical industries in the region. The well-established chemicals industry in Asia Pacific is offering significant opportunities for the string wound filter materials market.
Key Players Operating in the Market
The global string wound filter materials market is consolidated with several large players operating in the global market. The market players have adopted various strategies to strengthen their product portfolios, expand their market presence, and enhance their growth prospects in the string wound filter materials market. Key players operating in the global string wound filter materials market include:
- Coats Group
- Johns Manville Corp
- MMP Filtration
- Reliance Industries
Global String Wound Filter Materials Market: Research Scope
Global String Wound Filter Materials Market, by Type
Global String Wound Filter Materials Market, by End-use Industry
- Chemicals & petrochemicals
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Oil & gas
- Pharmaceuticals & Medical
- Food & Beverage
- Others (including Automotive and Glass)
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.