String Wound Filter Materials: Introduction
- String wound filter materials are used for liquid filtration in various industries such as food & beverage, water treatment, pharmaceuticals, mining, oil & gas, chemical, air filtration, desalination, and automotive. These materials are majorly utilized to eliminate contaminants and chemical content in different water supplies. These materials are made from continuous filaments of polypropylene, cotton, rayon, and polyester.
Key Drivers of Global String Wound Filter Materials Market
- The market for string wound filter materials is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Expansion of the water treatment sector is expected to drive the demand for string wound filter materials.
- Significant demand for string wound filter materials from diverse industries such as water & water treatment industry, chemicals & petrochemicals, oil & gas, and food & beverage is expected to fuel the market during the forecast period
- Environment-friendliness, high cost-efficiency, and longer life of these materials are major factors that propel the string wound filter materials market
Polypropylene Type Segment to Dominate the Global Market
- In terms of volume, the polypropylene type segment is expected dominate the string wound filter materials market during the forecast period
- Compatibility of polypropylene with chemicals & water make it a better choice as a material. Polypropylene-based string wound filters are the preferred pre-filters for RO systems owing to the suitability of polypropylene with water & wastewater.
- Polypropylene-based string wound filters are utilized in various end-use industries such as food & beverages, chemicals & petrochemicals, oil & gas, and pharmaceuticals owing to its compatibility with a wide range of chemicals
Water & Wastewater End-use Industry Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on end-use industry, the water & wastewater segment accounted for a major share of the string wound filter materials market. Growing populations, stringent regulations governing water & wastewater treatment, and investment in water treatment plants are key factors that are estimated to drive the demand for string wound filter materials during the forecast period.
Availability of Various Substitutes to Hamper Global Market
- Availability of various filter types and materials is expected to increase the competition in the string wound filters materials market. Pleated, membrane, and melt blown filter materials are a few types of filters that are widely used in end-use industries. However, string wound filters are preferred, as they are cost-effective and possess high dirt holding capacity.
Covid-19 Impact on String Wound Filter Materials Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has led to suspension of manufacturing facilities, disruption of the supply chain, and reduced demand for oil & gas and industrial products. Therefore, the demand for string wound filter materials is anticipated to decline in several end-use industries in 2020 and 2021.
- Demand for string wound filter materials has been declining owing to reduced manufacturing output and delayed expansion projects across the globe owing to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, a rise in the demand from pharmaceutical and food & beverage industries is driving the market for string wound filter materials.
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global String Wound Filter Materials Market
- In terms of region, the global string wound filter materials market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to hold a notable share for the global string wound filter materials market during the forecast period. Expansion of the water treatment sector in the region is projected to propel the demand for string wound filter materials in North America.
- Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global string wound filter materials market during the forecast period. Demand for string wound filter materials is estimated to rise from the water & wastewater treatment, oil & gas, food & beverage, and chemical & petrochemical industries in the region. The well-established chemicals industry in Asia Pacific is offering significant opportunities for the string wound filter materials market.
Key Players Operating in the Market
The global string wound filter materials market is consolidated with several large players operating in the global market. The market players have adopted various strategies to strengthen their product portfolios, expand their market presence, and enhance their growth prospects in the string wound filter materials market. Key players operating in the global string wound filter materials market include:
- Coats Group
- Johns Manville Corp
- MMP Filtration
- Reliance Industries
Global String Wound Filter Materials Market: Research Scope
Global String Wound Filter Materials Market, by Type
Global String Wound Filter Materials Market, by End-use Industry
- Chemicals & petrochemicals
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Oil & gas
- Pharmaceuticals & Medical
- Food & Beverage
- Others (including Automotive and Glass)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.