Stormwater Management: Introduction
Stormwater originates from rain, ice, and melting snow. It can run off or be held on the surface, eventually getting evaporated or soaked into the soil (called infiltration). Running stormwater is a key source of pollution. Increase in flow of stormwater can cause weed incursion, stream erosion, and also impact natural flow regimes. In certain developed areas, the polluted water runoff from roads, which is accelerated by stormwater, can be a cause of water pollution when this water joins the main water bodies such as lakes and oceans. This is expected to adversely affect the flora and fauna and also human beings living near the water bodies. Hence, stormwater management is essential to minimize the adverse impact of stormwater.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Stormwater Management Market
- The stormwater management market is primarily driven by increase in need to improve water quality. Stormwater management plays an important role in ensuring water quality by reducing and channeling rainwater runoff or melted snow from lawns, urban areas, homes, and streets. Furthermore, stringent government regulations to improve water quality have been introduced. This is also estimated to drive the stormwater management market during the forecast period.
- Rise in efforts to improve the yield of farm is anticipated to propel the demand for stormwater management during the forecast period. In agricultural lands, stormwater transports manure from plants in addition to topsoil, thus lowering the productivity of farms. Thus, in order to improve the yield of farm, proper management of stormwater runoff is required.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- In March 2020, the WHO declared coronavirus as a pandemic. To date, the pandemic has resulted in 3.5 million people falling sick and 247,744 deaths across the globe. One of the key recommendations to contain the disease is to wash hands frequently with soap and water. According to the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), every person needs to clean his/ her hands at least 10 times a day, instead of the usual average of five times a day, in this situation. This has led to an increased in water consumption. Fresh water is required to cater to the demand and supply of water. Thus, rise in demand for fresh water is anticipated to propel the demand for stormwater management, as stormwater management helps improve the quality of water by reducing and channeling rainwater runoff or melted snow from lawns or streets.
Green Roofs Solution Segment Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- The global stormwater management market can be segmented based on solution, application, and region
- In terms of solution, the stormwater management market can be divided into green roofs, rain barrels, vegetated filter strips, and others. The green roofs segment is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period, as these roofs help reduce atmospheric pollution, energy costs, and heat island by creating an attractive environment.
- Based on application, the stormwater management market can be segregated into municipal, commercial, and industrial
Asia Pacific Expected to Constitute Major Share of Global Stormwater Management Market
- In terms of region, the global stormwater management market can be classified into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the stormwater management market during the forecast period. Growth of the market in Asia Pacific can be ascribed to the increase in number of intense storms and floods, and strict government regulations pertaining to wastewater management across the region. Furthermore, rise in efforts to meet the significantly increasing demand for clean water due to growing population is also a major factor propelling the demand for stormwater management.
- North America is another major region of the global stormwater management market. Increase in life and property losses due to the rise in storm occurrences in North America is anticipated to propel the stormwater management market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key companies operating in the global stormwater management market are
- iSTORMWATER LLC
- Tetra tech
- Contech Engineered Solutions LLC
Global Stormwater Management Market: Research Scope
Global Stormwater Management Market, by Solution
- Green Roofs
- Rain Barrels
- Vegetated Filter Strips
Global Stormwater Management Market, by Application
Global Stormwater Management Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.