Stone Paper Market: Highlights
- Stone paper is known for its strength and durability. It is made out of calcium carbonate 80% (limestone) and bio-polyethylene resin 20% (HDPE). In this case, the HDPE is used as a binder. Limestone from existing limestone quarries is being used as a raw material and processed into a fine powder.
- Stone paper is used in stationery, magazines, books, wallpapers, leaflets, posters, bags, packaging, adhesives, plates, trays, containers, etc. It is non-toxic, food safe, fire-resistant, recyclable, waterproof, complies with FDA standards, and does not lead to air pollution. As a result, it is employed in numerous applications in various sectors.
- Stone paper is originally white in color. Therefore, it does not require any further bleaching process. Stone paper products also retain their shape over time because of the high density.
Key Drivers and Challenges of Stone Paper Market
- Increase in investment in R&D for the development of advanced manufacturing techniques using calcium carbonate and other similar organic compounds is expected to be a key driver of the global stone paper market. Furthermore, rise in concerns related to deforestation and supportive regulations promoting the use of an alternative to conventional paper are also likely to boost the demand for stone paper in the near future.
- Growth in government regulations to reduce deforestation is anticipated to negatively impact the raw material availability for conventional paper products. As a result, demand for stone paper is estimated to rise during the forecast period.
- Key challenges faced by the stone paper market include environmental regulations on mining activities, which play a major role in the extraction of calcium carbonate. Increase in demand for raw materials such as HDPE in other industries such as piping and fuel tanks, bottles, and furniture is projected to adversely affect the availability of raw materials in the manufacture of stone paper in the next few years.
Stone Paper Market: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global stone paper market can be segmented into paper packaging, labeling paper, self-adhesive paper, and others
- The paper packaging segment is projected to account for major share of the global stone paper market by 2027
- Expanding at a healthy growth rate, labeling paper and self-adhesive paper segments are expected to create significant incremental opportunities during the forecast period
- In terms of volume, the others segment is anticipated to expand at a moderate to high pace during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Stone Paper Market
- In terms of region, the global stone paper market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In Asia Pacific, China and India aim to promote investments in their respective end-use industries. This is estimated to boost the stone paper market in the region.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific held prominent share of the global stone paper market in 2018. It was followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific is a highly promising region of the market. This trend is projected to continue in the next few years. Constant rise in manufacture of stone paper for usage in various industries and export purposes is driving the demand for stone paper in Asia Pacific. With economic contraction and saturation in the market in Europe and North America, demand for stone paper is shifting to Asia Pacific.
- The stone paper market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. End-use industries in Mexico have been expanding steadily. The UAE is also exhibiting significant growth in its end-use industry. These factors are projected to drive the demand for stone paper in Latin America and Middle East & Africa, respectively, during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global stone paper market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global stone paper market include:
- The Stone Paper Company
- WestRock Company
- Gaia-Concept BV
- Taiwan Lung Meng Advanced Composite Materials Co., Ltd.
- Packaging Corporation of America
Global Stone Paper Market: Research Scope
Global Stone Paper Market, by Application
- Paper Packaging
- Labeling Paper
- Self-adhesive Paper
Global Stone Paper Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.