A stent graft is a tube shaped device composed of a rigid structure called a stent (mostly a metal) and a special fabric covering the stent. A stent is a metal mesh without any covering but a stent graft has a fabric covering and is mainly used in endovascular surgeries. A stent graft is used to repair abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) in a procedure called as endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR). In EVAR, a stent graft is placed inside the aorta through which the blood flows uninterruptedly, instead of flowing through the aneurysm sack which is the weak point. Stent grafts can be categorized into two major segments, namely, bifurcated and aorta-uni-iliac (AUI) stent grafts. The stent grafts market can also be segmented into abdominal and thoracic aortic stent grafts.
The growth drivers for the stent grafts market are increasing acceptance of EVAR procedures worldwide, increasing efforts for creating awareness about aneurysms, rising demand for minimally invasive endovascular surgeries, aging population and rising incidences of diseases like obesity and diabetes. Increasing number of people affected by obesity and diabetes worldwide will drive the demand for endovascular surgeries. Technological advancements in EVAR and rising demand for minimally invasive procedures will drive the stent grafts market in future. However, increasing acceptance of balloon angioplasty may prove to be a restraint for this market.
The North American market, especially the U.S., dominates the stent grafts market with the largest market share followed by the European market. The Asia-Pacific market has shown the fastest growth in recent past and is expected to contribute more in future due to increasing healthcare awareness and facilities in the region. The major players operating in this market are Cook Medical, Inc., Covidien plc, Medtronic, Inc., C. R. Bard, Inc., Lifetech Scientific (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Shanghai MicroPort Medical (Group) Co., Ltd., Terumo Medical Corporation, W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. and Endologix, Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments