Global STEM Toy Market: Introduction
- STEM toys, a type of smart toys are science, technology, engineering, and math-based toys that help to increase curiosity of learning new things and aid education of students. STEM toys increase the focus of learning in one of the four subjects i.e. science, technology, engineering, and math. The changing learning approach in educational institutes from traditional exams to a concept-oriented approach is playing a major role in the growth of the STEM toy market.
Global STEM Toy Market: Dynamics
- Rising implementation of AI in STEM Toys
- Artificial intelligence (AI) based STEM toys are gaining popularity in the gaming industry. AI-based STEM toys offer a range of lessons in core STEM disciplines and coding. It provides a practical, hands-on learning approach to students or kids that helps them to grasp basic concepts in core disciplines such as mathematics and science. These toys enable students and teachers to relate to core concepts of education such as critical thinking, statistics, creativity, providing game-based learning and realtime examples. Market players are developing smart STEM toys using cloud-based artificial intelligence software platforms.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America Led the Global Market in 2019
- Based on region, the global STEM toy market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held a dominant share of the global STEM toy market in 2019. It is expected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are the major countries that drive the market in this region. Significant presence of market leaders such as Hasbro, Inc. Mattel, Inc., Anki, Inc, Ozobot, and Evollve, Inc. and high consumer expenditure are some of the key factors which provide a dominant position to the North America region in the global STEM toy market.
- The STEM toy market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are major countries of the STEM toy market in the region. Increasing government initiatives to provide STEM education to students from an elementary level to make an advance education system become one of the key factor for the growth of the market in this region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Key players operating in the global STEM toy market are listed below:
- Hasbro, Inc.
- Learning Resources Ltd
- LEGO Group
- Mattel, Inc.
- Spin Master Ltd
- Anki, Inc
- Ozobot & Evollve, Inc.
- Valtech, LLC
Global STEM Toy Market: Research Scope
Global STEM Toy Market, by Distribution Channel
Figure: Global STEM Toy Market, by Distribution Channel
Global STEM Toy Market, by STEM Toy Type
- Basic STEM Toy
- Electronic STEM Toy/ AI enabled STEM Toy
Figure: Global STEM Toy Market, by STEM Toy Type
Global STEM Toy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global STEM Toy Market, by Region
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.