Steel Grits: Introduction
- Steel grits is a type of steel abrasive that is used in various industrial applications such as grinding, abrading, scouring, cleaning hard surfaces, and polishing. It is also used to remove solid materials by the action of rubbing.
- Steel grits are grains that have angular shape. These possess sharp edges that help clean surfaces easily. Steel grits are available in different sizes and hardness.
- Steel grits are made from high-carbon steel composition. They possess properties such as increased efficiency and durability. Steel grits are environmentally-friendly, as they have high level of recyclability and low carbon dioxide emission.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Steel Grits Market
- Rapid industrialization and urbanization is a key driver of the global steel grits market. Investments in automobile, aerospace, metalwork, and metal fabrication industries have increased over the last few years. This has boosted the demand for steel grits. The trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
- Steel grits are environment friendly; they can be recycled and generate low waste. These properties are driving the adoption of steel grits. Furthermore, growth in global construction and infrastructure sectors is expected to boost the steel grits market during the forecast period.
- Availability of cheaper substitutes such as glass powder, iron abrasives, ceramic, boron carbide, and silicon carbide is anticipated to hamper the global steel grits market
Global Steel Grits Market: Segmentation
- The global steel grits market can be segmented based on grade and end-user
- In terms of grade, the global steel grits market can be classified into GS, GM, GL, GH, and others. In terms of demand, GH and GM segments are likely to expand significantly during the forecast period.
- Based on end-user, the global steel grits market can be split into automotive, construction, metallurgy, petrochemical, and others. Automotive and metallurgy segments are expected to lead the market due to significant rise in demand for metalwork in these industries across the globe. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period.
Global Steel Grits Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global steel grits market can be segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global steel grits market during the forecast period. The market in the region is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to rapid industrial development in the region. China, India, Japan, and Singapore are the leading countries in the region.
- China is anticipated to lead the steel grits market in Asia Pacific in the near future owing to the increase in investment in metalwork, foundries, and metal surface treatment plants in the country
- North America is also estimated to account for considerable share of the global steel grits market during the forecast period. Demand for steel grits is increasing in various industries such as automotive, aerospace, and metal fabrication.
- The U.S. is the one of the leading countries in automobile and aerospace in the world. It is likely to dominate the market in North America in the near future.
- The steel grits market in Europe is projected to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period, due to increase in demand for these in the industrial segment
- The steel grits market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is also estimated to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the gradual increase in investment in various industries such as automotive, metalwork, and fabrication in these regions.
Key Players Operating in the Steel Grits Market
- IKK Shots Co., Ltd
- Ervin Industries
- Hodge Clemco Ltd
- Composition Materials Co., Inc.
- Siambrator Co., Ltd.
Global Steel Grits Market: Research Scope
Global Steel Grits Market, by Grade
Global Steel Grits Market, by End-user
The Global Steel Grits Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!