Steam Turbine Upgrade and Modernization Market: Overview
- A steam turbine is a mechanical device that derives thermal energy from pressurized steam and transforms it into mechanical work. A steam turbine comprises a boiler, turbine, condenser, feed pump, and a variety of auxiliary devices. The steam turbine is a rotary heat engine, and it is extensively utilized to drive an electrical generator.
- Industrial steam turbines can have a service life of 30 or more years and play a vital role in several end-use industries such as oil & gas industry and power generation
- Rise in industrial development and automation is likely to change the operating parameters, process, and general requirements of steam turbine
- Upgrade and modernization of a steam turbine would help operators preserve resources and maintain a high level of efficiency and reliability
- In case of gas turbines, properly planned modernization and upgrades would help the industry reduce downtime and keep production losses to a minimum
- Comprehensive analysis of the turbine and the condition of the entire system is carried out. Current and future requirements determine if the systems, components, and parts need to be adapted or changed.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Steam Turbine Upgrade and Modernization Market
- Increase in electricity consumption, rise in thermal power capacity additions, and surge in combined-cycle and co-generation operations are major drivers of the steam turbines upgrade and modernization market. Furthermore, the upgrade and modernization of steam turbine increases reliability, online diagnose and problem solving, plant performance, and reduces downtime, which in turn is anticipated to boost the market.
- Regulatory policy restrictions on fossil-fuel-fired power plants and slowdown in the construction of new nuclear power plants are major factors restraining the steam turbines upgrade and modernization market
- Demand for nuclear energy-based electricity generation is increasing across the world, which is estimated to offer significant opportunities to the market
- In 2018, Siemens Gas and Power GmbH & Co. KG, modernized the rotor of a BBC steam turbine in the paper industry. The primary aim of the modernization was to restore the technical performance of the turbine during an upcoming complete overhaul, while strictly limiting downtime. After upgrade, the steam turbine was operating at its original very high level of efficiency, with an improvement of 7% to 10 % in efficiency.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Steam Turbine Upgrade and Modernization Market
- Based on region, the global steam turbine upgrade and modernization market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global steam turbine upgrade and modernization market in 2019. The Steam Turbine Upgrade and Modernization Market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to an increase in the demand for electricity in the region. Power companies in China, Japan, and India have significantly reduced their investment in plants and equipment, with major focus on upgrade and modernization of current assets.
- North America and Europe held a considerable share of the global steam turbine upgrade and modernization market in 2019. The U.S. witnesses extensive oil & gas exploration activities, which is anticipated to boost the demand for steam turbine upgrade and modernization in the region from 2020 to 2030. Europe is shifting focus from traditional energy sources toward cleaner and renewable energy sources.
- Middle East & Africa and Latin America were moderately attractive regions of the global steam turbine upgrade and modernization market in 2019. Increase in demand for electricity and power, especially in the oil & gas sector, is anticipated to boost the demand for steam turbine upgrade and modernization in these regions in the near future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Steam Turbine Upgrade and Modernization Market:
- Siemens Gas and Power GmbH & Co. KG
- Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction
Global Steam Turbine Upgrade and Modernization Market: Research Scope
Global Steam Turbine Upgrade and Modernization Market, by Application
- Power Generation
- Oil & Gas
Global Steam Turbine Upgrade and Modernization Market, by Steam Turbine Type
- Steam Cycle
- Combined Cycle
Global Steam Turbine Upgrade and Modernization Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.