Standing Seam Roofing Market: Provides Safety from Natural Elements
- Standing seam roofing is a durable, versatile, and easy-to-maintain building material. Growth in the construction industry in developing economies, led by rapid urbanization and rise in the demand for energy-efficient and eco-friendly roofing systems, is driving the global standing seam roofing market.
- Standing seam roofing is a style of roof that has panels that run vertically up the length of the roof, and seams that connect one panel to another. Their installation differs from traditional roofs as it allows them to create a snug and solid covering which is able to move under thermal expansion.
- Demand for standing seam roofs is largely driven by the rise in output of the construction industry. Urbanization initiatives and emigration have gained momentum in several developing economies, thereby driving the construction industry. This, in turn, acts as a primary factor boosting the standing seam roofing market in these countries.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Standing Seam Roofing Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Standing Seam Roofing Market
- Rise in demand for green construction materials and materials with low lifecycle cost, and growth of the construction industry are key factors boosting the global standing seam roofing market. Standing seam roofing is gaining popularity due to its superior weather-tight qualities, modern look, and durability.
- Increase in consumption of recyclable roofing materials and lightweight, flexible materials is also fueling the global standing seam roofing market. Standing seam roofs play a major role in attaining sustainable roofing, as they are made from a high percentage of recycled materials. These roofs are durable and long-lasting building materials that can provide significant energy savings to the building envelope. They can also improve energy efficiency of buildings. Growth of residential and commercial sectors in developing economies is another factor estimated to augment the standing seam roofing market during the forecast period.
- Standing seams are employed in all types of metal roofing systems. They offers several advantages over other types of metal roofing. Standing seams are long lasting and offer reliable and maintenance-free protection.
Commercial Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The commercial roofing segment accounted for major share of the standing seam roofing market in 2018, owing to its durability and flexibility
- Standing seam roofing materials are widely consumed in the renovation type of construction. Favorable properties of standing seam roofing materials include noise reduction, improved quality of air, and reduction in cost incurred for air conditioning. These are expected to drive the global standing seam roofing market during the forecast period.
- Rise in number of commercial projects across the globe, such as hotels, hospitals and schools, is expected to accelerate the growth of the global standing seam roofing market during the forecast period
High Cost of Standing Seam Roofing Material Likely to Hamper Market
- Adoption of solar power and energy codes in roofing systems is influencing the metal roofing market. Standing seam roofs are two to three times costlier than conventional roofing systems. This is hampering the market. However, advantages of metal roofs such as long-term durability, eco-friendliness, and high energy efficiency are likely to boost the demand for metal roofs in the construction industry.
- High investment cost associated with the installation of standing seam roofing is expected to restrain the standing seam roofing market during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Standing Seam Roofing Market here
Asia Pacific Estimated to Hold Major Share of Global Standing Seam Roofing Market
- The standing seam roofing market in Asia Pacific has been expanding since 2018 due to rapid urbanization, growth in population, and increase in industrialization in the region. Asia Pacific is expected to witness strong growth in the standing seam roofing market, owing to the infrastructure development in commercial and industrial sectors, particularly in emerging economies, such as India and China. Furthermore, migration of population from rural to urban areas in these economies is projected to propel the demand for standing seams roofs. This, in turn, is expected to augment the standing seam roofing market during the forecast period.
- The standing seam roofing market in North America is expanding at a moderate pace, due to increase in re-roofing activities in developed economies such as the U.S. and favorable housing loan plans for expatriates
- Middle East & Africa is expected to be a prominent region of the global metal roofing market during the forecast period, due to growth of the construction sector and increase in government expenditure on commercial and industrial sectors in the region. This is also projected to create significant opportunities for standing seam roofing manufacturers in the near future, primarily in the industrial sector in GCC.
- The standing seam roofing market in Europe is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players in Market
Various players operate in the global standing seam roofing market. Key players include:
- Berridge Manufacturing Co.
- Aegis Roofing Company
- McElroy Metal
- THE ZAMBELLI GROUP
Global Standing Seam Roofing Market: Research Scope
Global Standing Seam Roofing Market, by Material
Global Standing Seam Roofing Market, by Roof
- Mechanical Lock
- Batten Panel
- Nail/Fastener Flange
Global Standing Seam Roofing Market, by End-user
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.