Standard Modular Hydropower Market: An innovative technology
- Standard modular hydropower technology is anticipated to be cheap, reliable, and clean form of environment friendly power generation solution.
- Standard modular hydropower technology is estimated to possess design features such as geometry, cost structure, esthetics, local hydraulics, and other site-independent features, i.e. capability of being used for any site without any modification to its design with limited environment footprint
- The technology is also estimated to be modular, making it capable of scaling its capacity and operation according to the site requirement through the setup of multiple components which can be integrated with minimal cost to provide maximum value.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Key Drivers of Standard Modular Hydropower Market
- High cost of site specific plant design and customization of structures & equipment, rise in environmental restrictions on design & operation, and increase in cost competitiveness from other power sources are some of the challenges faced by hydropower. However, standard modular hydropower technology is being developed to overcome these constraints.
- Furthermore, the standard modular hydropower technology can be applied to un-impounded streams and non-powered dams. This would increase its demand from rural areas which are near rivers or other water streams. The technology focuses on maintaining stream functionality in environment-friendly and compatible way with optimized costs.
- Rising awareness about environment and pollution along with increasing popularity of renewable energy sources is another key driver for the growth of standard modular hydropower market.
- Moreover, capability to provide continuous clean energy in comparison to small diesel genets and solar power solutions in remote and rural areas where extending national grids is not feasible. As the latter power generation options have certain restraints such as high diesel cost or requirement of sunlight for their operations, while standard modular hydropower overcome these challenges and provides clean energy with one time investment.
Design and Operation of Standard Modular Hydropower
- The technology uses module-based site classifying system, which is based upon the combination of passage, foundation, and generation modules that can provide energy along with other environmental benefits.
- In case of greenfield installation, standardized stream type identification systems along with standardized plant design framework can reduce substantial amount of site based customization and design, thereby lowering overall project cost and environmental impact.
- The technology can also be used for generation of power from non-powered dams, conduits, and canals with the help of standardized dam or site classification system and from the collection of standardized passage, generation, and foundation modules.
- The site classification system employed can help in identifying degraded water streams with limited connectivity or poor water quality. The technology also enables modular structures to be designed without hydropower generation capabilities in order to achieve other environmental objectives.
- The standard modular hydropower technology presents future hydropower plants as integrated merger of standard and validated modules where each module has a specific objective, multiple functional capabilities, and fewer design constraints.
North America likely to hold Lion’s Share in the Global Standard Modular Hydropower Market
- Geographically, the standard modular hydropower market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America is expected to lead the standard modular hydropower market due to the ongoing research and development on the technology in the U.S. The Department of Energy is funding research projects in order to develop standardized and standard modular hydropower technology.
- Rising investment in renewable energy and clean power generation in developing economies of Asia Pacific are some of the other factors expected to fuel the standard modular hydropower market in the region during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Standard Modular Hydropower market here
Key Players Operating in the Standard Modular Hydropower Market:
The global standard modular hydropower market is marked with the presence of few companies due to undergoing research and development on the technology. Few of the key players operating in the standard modular hydropower market include
- Emrgy Inc.
- Mavel, a.s.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.