SSD Controller Market: Introduction
- SSD controller is also known as a processor. It comprises the electronics that bridge the flash memory components to the SSD input/output interfaces.
- SSD controller is an embedded processor that executes firmware-level software. SSD firmware is device specific and can be updated.
- Conventional SSD controllers are electrical elements contained within a single Integrated Circuit (IC) that are embedded processors usually consisting of a 32-bit microcontroller, electrically erasable data firmware ROM, and system RAM.
- It also supports an external RAM - usually DDR/DDR2 as SDRAM; Error Correction Code (ECC) circuitry; flash component interface that are standard interface, such as the Open NAND Flash Interface (ONFI); and host electrical interface, usually SATA, USB, SAS, or combination.
Rise in Demand for SSD Controller in Automotive and Electronics Industry
- One of the primary factors driving the demand for SSD controllers is the rapid rise in demand for cloud-based data centers. The low cost of cloud storage is leading to increasing demand for public cloud storage. This has led to the growing demand for data centers which can store a large amount of data and require highly data-intensive operations.
- Tremendous rise in number of mega data centers is seen as enterprises are becoming more inclined toward cloud-based operations; this is expected to boost the demand for SSD controllers in the years to come.
- One of the key trends influencing the growth of the SSD controllers market is the growth of 3D NAND technology which has brought revolution in electronic storage. 3D NAND technology offers various advantages including low power consumption and better endurance as compared to planar architecture. These architectures are one-dimensional and can therefore store more data by increasing its density. This leads to an increase in SSD capacity and a decline in prices.
North America to Lead the Global SSD Controller Market
- In terms of region, the global SSD controller market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America has the largest market share in the SSD controller market. The wide adoption of SSD controller technology in advanced computing systems, growth of cloud computing, and proliferating big data analytics is leading to the growth of the market. SSD controller technology is largely being applied in data centers.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the highest growth rate during the forecast period. Leading countries in the region including China, Japan, and South Korea are creating immense opportunities for the growth of the SSD controller market.
- Europe is also expected to witness huge demand for SSD controller technology owing to demand from the automotive sector under the client segment.
Key Players in the Global SSD Controller Market
- Intel Corporation
- Micron Technology
- Toshiba Corporation
- Western Digital
- LITE-ON Technology Corporation
- Fusion-Io, Inc.
- Kingston Technology
Global SSD Controller Market, Research Scope
Global SSD Controller Market, by Type
- Single-level cells (SLC)
- Multi-level cells (MLC)
- Triple-level cells (TLC)
Global SSD Controller Market, by Application
- Data center
Global SSD Controller Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.