SSD Controller: Introduction
- SSD controller is also referred to as a processor. It comprises electronics that bridge the flash memory components to SSD input/output interfaces. The controller is an embedded processor that executes firmware-level software. SSD firmware is device specific and can be updated.
- Conventional SSD controllers are electrical elements contained within a single Integrated Circuit (IC) that are embedded processor usually consisting of a 32-bit microcontroller, electrically erasable data firmware ROM, and system RAM. It also supports external RAM that is usually DDR/DDR2 as SDRAM, Error Correction Code (ECC) circuitry, and flash component interface that are standard interface, such as the Open NAND Flash Interface (ONFI), and host electrical interface that are SATA, USB, SAS, or a combination.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure
Compatibility of SSD Controller with Industrial Solutions to Drive SSD Controller Market
- With the rise in the usage of industrial grade storage systems, SSD controller solutions are essentially used in NAND flash system designs. Due to the durable nature of this product design, SSDs are mechanically scalable and robust for use in several applications, which significantly reduce field failure rates compared to HDDs.
- SSD controllers are being increasingly adopted in the industrial market, and manufacturers are offering new SSD controller solutions that have high endurance, reliability, and are robust
- There are different NAND flash memory storage applications of SSD controller in industrial solutions. Moreover, there are technology, reliability, and endurance SSD controller solutions, which are successfully embedded in a range of SSD controllers for global industrial applications by various manufacturers.
High Demand for SSD Controllers
- Manufacturers are launching various technologically advanced products in the global SSD controller market. Earlier, only a few manufacturers, including Intel, Samsung, and Micron, were manufacturing SSDs.
- Micron Company has opened its own separate SSD brand too rather than previously working with Intel Corporation due to the fact that the market of SSD is growing very fast. . Similarly a young company called SandForce decided to release a new platform for SSD products, which included controller, firmware and PCB design.
- The new and very simple way of SSD creation has now become extremely popular among third-party companies that have rapidly started to produce their own drives.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific and North America to Lead Global Market for SSD Controllers
- In terms of region, the global SSD controller market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness the maximum demand for SSD controllers from 2019 to 2027. Major component manufacturers of SSD controllers have been investing heavily in China, especially in the production sector in the country due to the propelling profitability in the manufacturing of SSD controllers.
- This market in North America is expected to grow rapidly, owing to the launch of technologically advanced SSD controllers in the market. For instance, InnoGrit Corporation (U.S.), founded in 2016, is developing storage technology to support AI and Big Data applications. On August 2019, the company introduced four new models of SSD controllers: Shasta and Shasta+ controllers. These controllers have 28nm design and uses the NVMe Host Memory Buffer features but do not include DRAM controllers.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global SSD controller market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Intel Corporation
- Micron Technology
- Toshiba Corporation
- Western Digital
- LITE-ON Technology Corporation
- Fusion-Io, Inc.
- Kingston Technology
Global SSD Controller Market: Research Scope
Global SSD Controller Market, by Form
Global SSD Controller Market, by Product
Global SSD Controller Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Goods
Global SSD Controller Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.