Sprinkler Irrigation System Market: Introduction
Sprinkler irrigation systems enable the use of water under high pressure with the help of a pump. It releases water similar to rainfall through a small diameter nozzle placed in the pipes. Water is distributed through a system of pipes, sprayed into air and irrigates in most of the soil types due to a wide range of discharge capacity. The main components of a sprinkler irrigation system includes a pumping station or header assembly, fertilizer tank, pressure gauges, HDPE / PVC pipes, sprinkler nozzles, by-pass valve, filtration system, and control valves. The benefits of a sprinkler irrigation system is that it eliminates water conveyance channels, thereby reducing conveyance loss; it is suitable in all types of soil, except heavy clay. It ensures water saving up to 30% - 50 %, is suitable for irrigation where the plant population per unit area is very high, helps to increase yield, and reduces soil compaction. In a sprinkler irrigation system, water is distributed by overhead high-pressure sprinklers or guns from a central location in the field or from sprinklers on moving platforms.
Key drivers of the sprinkler irrigation system market
- Growing awareness about the advantages of sprinkler irrigation among farmers is causing a rapid shift from flood irrigation to sprinkler systems. Advancement in existing irrigation systems for better monitoring and control of water resources and higher efficiency are driven by the growing demand for sprinkler irrigation systems. Technological advancements are largely adopted by key players by incorporating additional features or enhancing the already existing features in their products, adding to the demand for the product.
- Governments in various countries are encouraging the use of irrigation systems such as sprinkler and drip irrigation by offering subsidies and other beneficial schemes in a bid to conserve water sources. Moreover, with the rapidly growing population, demand for agricultural products is increasing. This, in turn, has increased the demand for irrigation systems which can efficiently irrigate crops and reduce wastage of water.
Advanced technology creating opportunities in the sprinkler irrigation system market
Changes and advances in the irrigation industry have led to new technologies that bring the advantages of drip irrigation within the reach of farmers everywhere. As such, manufacturers of drip systems need to stay on top of the latest technology in manufacturing to keep up with increasing demand while still producing a high quality product. New technology is regularly introduced as environmental needs change and the U.S. and other developed countries take a harder look at water consumption. Farmers have adopted new technologies in irrigation systems with full-color touchscreen displays, one of a number of advanced irrigation controller technology options. Apps are also available to maximize water use. Such advancements create opportunities for the product and helps to capture larger market share globally.
High installation & equipment cost a restraint of the sprinkler irrigation system market
An advanced irrigation system requires significantly higher capital for installation as compared to the traditional methods of flood irrigation and rain-fed agriculture. The capital investment is an accumulating cost of the equipment and setup costs, which include the cost of pipes, sprinklers, pumps, electrical lines, well connectors, power units, and installation charges. Moreover, sprinkler irrigation systems are mainly used for cost-intensive agricultural practices, such as orchards and agricultural fields. This high investment for low-value crops would yield a low return on investment. These factors act as restraints of the market.
North America the dominant market
The penetration of sprinkler irrigation systems is highest in North America. Key players such as Valmont Industries, Lindsay Corporation, T-L Irrigation, and Reinke Manufacturing, Inc. located in this region, gives North America a competitive advantage. These key players have introduced sprinkler systems with irrigation techniques that have contributed significantly to the development of irrigation infrastructure in the region. The market penetration of sprinkler irrigation systems in the US has increased from 35% to 46% over the past decade.
Key players operating in the global market
Companies are working on product innovation and development to increase their customer base. Furthermore, key companies are adopting the merger and acquisition strategy to improve their market revenue at the global level. Some of the major companies identified in the sprinkler irrigation system market are:
- Valmont Industries
- Lindsay Corporation
- T-L Irrigation
- Reinke Manufacturing
Sprinkler Irrigation System Market: Research Scope
Sprinkler Irrigation System Market, by Type
- Center pivot irrigation systems
- Lateral move irrigation systems
- Solid set sprinkler systems
Sprinkler Irrigation System Market, by Mobility
Sprinkler Irrigation System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the sprinkler irrigation system market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.