Sports Sunscreen Market: Introduction
- Sunscreen is an essential sun care product used nowadays. Sports sunscreen is a type of sunscreen especially used and applied during sports activities. Sunscreen is also known as sunblock. Sports sunscreen is more water resistant than regular sunscreen and gives long-term protection against UV rays. Sports sunscreen is available in different forms (cream, lotion, gel, sprays, etc). Rising participation in sports activities and growing awareness about skin protection due to the harmful rays of the sun is expected to fuel the market.
Growing awareness about the impact of harmful UV rays on unprotected skin to drive the sports sunscreen market
- Growing health concerns and increasing awareness about skin protection are the major factors driving the sports sunscreen market globally. Rising disposable income and increasing health awareness has changed the buying behavior of consumers related to sun care products. Skin cancer risk is also gradually increasing due to environmental factors. Sunscreen is a crucial part of sun protection merchandise. Thus, growing skin care awareness is a major factor boosting the global sports sunscreen market.
Increased participation in sport activities to increase the demand for sports sunscreen
- Rising participation in sporting events such as basketball, football, cricket, and water sports activities such as swimming is boosting the demand for sports sunscreen. Governments of various countries have made sports activities mandatory in educational institutions. This has also increased the participation of people in sporting events which has propelled the demand for sports sunscreen across the globe.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Production of natural and organic sunscreen products to create opportunities in the near future
- Growing trend of using organic products for skin care is expected to create new opportunities for sports sunscreen manufacturers. These days, people are opting for safe and natural products due to health consciousness. Manufacturers are researching and developing products according to demand from the consumer base. Thus, new product innovations and product portfolio expansion are expected in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of the Global Sports Sunscreen Market
- In terms of region, the global sports sunscreen market can be divided into Asia Pacific (APAC), North America (NA), Europe (EU), South America (SA), and Middle East & Africa (MEA).
- North America country-level analysis includes Canada, the U.S., and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the sports sunscreen market in Asia Pacific features India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Similarly, Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Middle East & Africa includes the sports sunscreen market analysis and insights for South Africa, GCC, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America sports sunscreen market can be studied for Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific leads the global sports sunscreen market followed by North America.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Rising sports activities and competitive events is projected to drive the sports sunscreen market in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Sports Sunscreen Market
The global sports sunscreen market is highly fragmented. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- La Roche-Posay
- SolRX Sunscreen
- Bayer AG
- L'Oréal S.A.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Beiersdorf AG
- Shiseido Company Limited
- The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- Clarins Group
- Bioderma Laboratories
- Lotus Herbals
- EltaMD, Inc.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Sports Sunscreen Market, ask for a customized report
Global Sports Sunscreen Market: Research Scope
Global Sports Sunscreen Market, by Type
Based on type, the global sports sunscreen market can be categorized into:
- Others (Powder, Liquids, etc.)
Global Sports Sunscreen Market, by SPF
In terms of SPF, the global sports sunscreen market can be classified into:
- Below SPF 50
- SPF 50 - 60
- Above SPF 60
Global Sports Sunscreen Market, by Application
In terms of application, the global sports sunscreen market can be segregated into:
- Water Sports
- Ball Games
- Mountaineering & Rock Climbing
- Others (Cycling, Racing, etc.)
Global Sports Sunscreen Market, by Distribution Channel
Based on distribution channel, the global sports sunscreen market can be bifurcated into:
- E-commerce Website
- Company-owned Website
- Hypermarkets, Supermarkets, Departmental Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Pharmaceuticals & Small Retail Stores
Global Sports Sunscreen Market, by Region
Regional analysis of the global sports sunscreen market includes:
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global sports sunscreen market is a compilation of firsthand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.