Spoolable Pipe Materials Market: Introduction
- A spool is a drum shaped or cylindrical device, on which a film or magnetic tape or flexible material is wound. In case of spoolable pipe materials, high density polyethylene and a reinforcement material is wound on to the surface of the pipe. Thus, the resulting pipe is strong enough to sustain corrosion, fatigue, and extreme high-pressure and temperature conditions in onshore, offshore, and downhole.
- Based on application, the spoolable pipe materials market can be segmented into onshore, offshore, and downhole. In onshore applications, spoolable pipe material is primarily utilized in water injection lines, production gathering lines, gas lift injection lines, portable well test lines, and pipeline re-lining. Offshore applications of spoolable pipe material include injection & velocity strings, production tubing, and hydrate blockage removal in pipelines.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Spoolable Pipe Materials Market report
Key Drivers of Spoolable Pipe Materials Market
- Desirable attributes of spoolable pipe materials is expected to drive the market across the globe. High corrosion resistance, ease in commissioning, enhanced flow rates, reduced maintenance costs, and high fatigue resistance are major factors that are likely to drive the demand for spoolable pipe materials in the near future.
Impact of Covid-19 to Hamper Global Spoolable Pipe Material Market
- Weakening of economic growth across Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific owing to the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic is expected to hamper the market. Furthermore, slowdown of the global economy, disruption as well as modification of supply chain, and decline in the demand for spoolable pipe material from the oil & gas industry in the wake of this pandemic is likely to restrain the market. Spoolable pipe is majorly employed in the oil & gas sector, for transportation of heavy fluids such as gases, oils, etc., which in turn is estimated to hamper the demand for spoolable pipe material in the near future.
North America, Middle East & Africa, and Europe to hold Major Share of Global Spoolable Pipe Materials Market
- Geographically, the global spoolable pipe materials market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America, Middle East & Africa, and Europe are anticipated to account for a major share of the global market during the forecast period. The market in these regions is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace owing to spread of the pandemic, disruption of supply chain, and decline in demand for spool pipe materials in the oil & gas sector. However, the situation is expected to improve in next one to two years, which in turn is expected to offer significant opportunity to manufacturers of spoolable pipe materials years. According to Energy Information Administration (EIA), demand for oil is significantly high in the U.S. The country is among the top five major crude oil producers, globally. In 2018, about 68% of total U.S. crude oil production came from five states: Texas-40.5%, North Dakota-11.5%, New Mexico-6.3%, Oklahoma-5.0%, and Alaska-4.5%. Furthermore, major refining centers in Africa are located in South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, and Algeria. Thus, the presence of major oil & gas industry giants across these regions are expected to drive demand for spoolable pipe materials, which in turn is projected to augment the demand for spoolable pipe materials in the near future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Spoolable Pipe Materials Market
Key Players Operating in Spoolable Pipe Materials Market
The global spoolable pipe materials market is highly fragmented in nature. Key players are extensively engaged in increasing there footprint across the globe. For instance, on May, 02, 2018, Shawcor Ltd. announced that its Flexpipe Systems division had entered into an ownership joint venture with a local pipe installation company based in Middle East & Africa in order to establish a manufacturing facility for spoolable composite material. Furthermore, with addition of this facility, the global production capacity of existing spoolable composite products is expected to increase by 30%. Prominent players operating in the spoolable pipe materials market include:
- National Oilwell Varco
- Pipelife International Gmbh
- Polyflow LLC.
- Shandong Juye Jugong Hose Industry Co. Ltd.
- Victrex PLC
- Changchun Gaoxiang Special Pipes Co. Ltd.
- Dalian Yingyu Co., Limited
- Flexpipe Inc.
- Future Pipe Industries.
- Flexsteel Pipeline Technologies, Inc.
- H.A.T. Flex
- Shawcor Ltd.
- National Oilwell Varco.
- Wavin B.V.
- H.A.T Flex
Global Spoolable Pipe Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Spoolable Pipe Materials Market, by Material
- Thermoplastic Materials
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX)
- Thermosetting Materials
Global Spoolable Pipe Materials Market, by Reinforcement Type
- Glass Fibers (GF)
- Carbon Fibers (CF)
- Aramid Fibers (AF)
Global Spoolable Pipe Materials Market, by Application
Global Spoolable Pipe Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.