Split Fibers Market: Overview
- Split fibers are microfibers with linear density less than 1 dtex (decitex). They are made from polypropylene, due to ease of processing of polypropylene and its mechanical properties.
- Polypropylene offers high tensile strength, stiffness, lower elongation, and high fibrillation length. It is blended with other olefins to increase their fibrillation property.
- Split fibers are produced by treating bi-component filaments through physical and chemical processes. They are produced through various steps such as tape production, stretching process, and splitting process.
- Spilt fibers are employed in applications such as carpet backing fabrics, , sacks, bags, ropes, twines, release fabrics, filter fabrics, household textiles, and reinforced fabrics
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Split Fibers Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Concrete Segment to Lead Market
- Spilt fibers are added to concrete to increase its structural integrity, toughness, and durability; decrease cracking; and reduce effects of shrinkage. Split fibers are uniformly distributed and randomly oriented in concrete. Spilt fibers are used in composites, as the fiber surface causes interlocking between the fiber and the matrix, leading to formation of a mechanical bond. Composites are commonly employed in automotive and aerospace industries.
Key Drivers of Split Fibers Market
- Development of infrastructure with supportive government policies and superior properties of steel fibers are projected to drive the global spilt fibers market during the forecast period
- Split fibers can be applied in filtration systems. This is likely to further boost the demand for split fibers across the world in the near future. Development of infrastructure in developing countries is expected to present lucrative opportunities for the split fibers market from 2019 to 2027. Difficulty in processing of split fibers is anticipated to be a major challenge for the global spilt fibers market during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for lightweight vehicles is estimated to fuel the demand for composites during the forecast period. This is projected to propel the split fibers market. Composite spilt fibers are commonly used in automotive and aerospace industries.
- Increase in demand for composites for corrosion and chemical resistance materials in construction and pipe & tank industry, and in electrical resistivity and high flame retardant materials in electrical and electronics industry
- Improvement in economic conditions and instability in some regions are factors boosting the defense spending. This is expected to augment the composite industry, thereby driving the demand for split fibers.
- Increase in demand for split fibers in iron & steel, glass, non-ferrous metals, and power generation industries is anticipated to drive the refractory industry. Thus, in turn, is estimated to boost the split fibers market, as spilt fibers are mostly used in the refractory industry.
- Increase in demand for non-ferrous metals, which are used in the manufacture of castings for aerospace, automotive, medical, construction, and electrical industries, is projected to drive the refractory industry. Growth of the refractories industry is expected to boost the global split fibers market.
Synthetic Fibers Likely to Hamper Market
- Synthetic fibers are replacing steel fibers in certain applications such as clothing, home furnishing, automotive, and filtration. This is expected to restrain the global split fibers market during the forecast period. Cost of manufacture of split fibers is higher than common fibers. This is anticipated to hamper the market between 2019 and 2027.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Split Fibers Market here
North America Expected to Hold Large Share of Global Split Fibers Market
- North America is a leading region of the global market, due to the rise in usage of split fibers in clothes and sportswear industries in the region. Use of split fibers in filtration systems in Asia Pacific is estimated to drive the market in the region during the forecast period.
- Demand for prefabricated construction is estimated to increase in North America during the forecast period due to the expansion and renovation of existing bridges and airports. This is projected to drive the concrete industry in the region, thereby augmenting the demand for split fibers.
- Europe follows Asia Pacific in terms of demand for spilt fibers. Demand for split fibers in Middle East & Africa has been rising, as split fibers are increasingly being employed for energy conservation in the region.
- Emerging economies such as India, China, Indonesia, and the Philippines in Asia Pacific are likely to drive the construction industry, thereby contributing to the growth of the concrete market. This, in turn, is expected to boost the split fibers market in Asia Pacific.
- Growth of construction and automotive industries is driving the refractories industry in Asia Pacific. This is propelling the split fibers market in the region.
- The Government of the UAE is offering several construction incentives which is attracting several investors to the Middle East, which, in turn, is contributing to the rapid growth of the construction industry in this region. The world’s largest civil engineering project, Project Jubail II, focuses on the development of Jubail Industrial City in Saudi Arabia. It is estimated to be completed by 2021. Thus, expansion in the construction industry is driving the split fibers market in Middle East & Africa.
Key Players in Market
The global split fibers market is highly fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50%. Key players operating in the split fibers market include
- Yang-soo / JINTEX, Inc.
- Wuxi Kingda Microfiber Fabric Co., Ltd.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Maxwell Fabrics
Global Split Fibers Market: Research Scope
Global Split Fibers Market, by Type
Global Split Fibers Market, by Application
Global Split Fibers Market, by Manufacturing Process
- Cut Wire/Cold Drawn
- Slit Sheet
- Melt Extract
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.