Splicing Tapes Market: Product Introduction
- Splicing tapes are used to make the manufacturing process continual, joining the end of a web of material to the opening of a new web or roll of material. Splicing tapes are available in a variety of carriers with different adhesive systems. They may be single or double-coated. They may have a polyester, film, or paper carrier.
- Escalating trends in the packaging industry is likely to present significant prospects for splicing tapes market in the near future. The tissue paper products and pulp based hygiene & personal care products are also expected to mark significant demand for splicing tapes market by 2027.
- Splicing tapes are generally of two types: single-coated and double-coated. Single-coated splicing tapes are suitable for butt splicing, while double-coated splicing tapes are suitable for use with laminators, coaters, and in other converting operations. These tapes possess high-temperature resistance and shear strength.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Splicing Tapes Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers and Restrains of Splicing Tapes Market
- The global splicing tapes market is primarily driven by the increasing demand from the paper & printing sector. Paper & printing and packaging industries are expanding at a rapid pace, due to increase in population and digitization across the globe.
- Investments in the global paper industry have increased in the recent years. For instance, in December 2017, Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget (SCA) increased its capacity to produce packaging paper with white surface and white-top kraftliner in its mill located in Munksund, Sweden. In March 2017, Ittihad International Investment LLC signed an agreement with paper machine manufacturer Valmet for the installation of a new production line in Abu Dhabi, the UAE.
- The introduction of digitization has driven the demand for online shopping. This has boosted the demand for packaging and labeling. Additionally, paper and paperboard packaging are gaining consumers’ attraction in food & beverages, health care, manufacturing, personal care, and other industries.
- Splicing tapes are used in tabbing and holding of lithium-ion batteries. In the electronics industry, they are used in different electronics items for color coding.
- The increasing demand for lithium-ion batteries is likely to drive the splicing tapes market during the forecast period. However, environmental regulations related to production of re-pulpable paper can act as a major restraint of the market in the near future.
Acrylic Resin Segment to Mark Robust Demand
- Based on resin, the market can be divided into acrylic, rubber, and silicone. The acrylic resin segment accounted for a major share of the market in 2018, as acrylic resins provide better adhesion to a variety of substrates. These tapes suit both pulpable and non-repulpable paper production processes.
Paper/tissue to be the Prominent Backing Material Segment during Forecast Period
- The backing material on adhesive tape not only holds the adhesive, but also contributes to the functioning of an adhesive tape.
- Based on backing material, the global splicing tapes market can be classified into paper/tissue, filmic materials (PET/polyester/PVC/PP), non-woven & others. Paper/tissue is the most widely used material in the manufacture of splicing tapes, due to its easy availability, flexibility, and a high degree of printability. Paper/tissue based splicing tapes come with various unique features such as UV resistance and repulpability.
- Based on application, the global market can be classified into paper & printing, packaging, electronics, labeling, and others. The paper & printing segment held a significant share of the market in 2018, as splicing tapes are widely used in the paper & printing industry due to their high tensile strength, high shear strength, and good ageing resistance.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Splicing Tapes Market here
Asia Pacific to be the Key Region in Global Splicing Tapes Market
- In terms of region, the global Splicing Tapes market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- The market in the region is likely to remain highly lucrative during the forecast period, due to the expanding paper & printing and packaging sectors in the region. The market in developing countries, such as China and India, is expected to witness rapid growth in the near future, as manufacturers in these countries are consistently investing in modern paper-manufacturing infrastructure, creating a highly competitive environment for international trade of paper products.
- ASEAN is expected to be a significant contributor to splicing tapes market in Asia Pacifc during forecast period. ASEAN marked significant investments in the packaging sector in the recent years. For instance, in October 2018, Lee & Man Paper Manufacturing Ltd. announced investment in a new packaging paper mill having 700,000 tons capacity in Malaysia. In March 2018, Oji Holdings Corporation established a new plant in Vietnam and increased the production capacity at two of its existing box plants in Malaysia to meet the rising demand for corrugated containers. In June 2017, Scientex planned to double the annual capacity of its consumer packaging plant in Ipoh, Malaysia, to 24,000 metric tons.
- The splicing tapes market in North America is characterized by new product development and increasing use of splicing tapes in the packaging sector in the region. The market in Latin America is estimated to expand at a considerable pace from 2019 to 2027, owing to economic recovery and high growth potential of Brazil and Mexico.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Splicing Tapes Market
Key manufacturers operating in the splicing tapes market include
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- Scapa Group Plc.
- tesa SE
- Intertape Polymer Group, Inc.
- Shurtape Technologies LLC
- Orafol Europe Gmbh
- Adhesive Research, Inc.
Global Splicing Tapes Market: Research Scope
Global Splicing Tapes Market, by Resin
- Others (epoxy, polyurethane, etc.)
Global Splicing Tapes Market, by Application
- Paper & Printing
Global Splicing Tapes Market, by Backing Material
- Filmic (PET/polyester/PVC/PP)
- Others (Foam, Fabric, etc.)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.