Splicing Tapes: Introduction
- Splicing tapes are used to make the manufacturing process continual, joining the end of a web of a material to the opening of a new web or roll of material. Splicing tapes are available in a variety of carriers with different adhesive systems. They may be single or double-coated. They may have a polyester, film, or paper carrier. Growth of the packaging industry is likely to present significant opportunities for the splicing tapes market in the near future.
- Splicing tapes are generally of two types: single-coated and double-coated. Single-coated splicing tapes are suitable for butt splicing, while double-coated splicing tapes are suitable for use with laminators, coaters, and other converting operations. These tapes possess high-temperature resistance and shear strength.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Splicing Tapes Market
- The splicing tapes market has developed significantly of late. The global splicing tapes market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for these tapes in the paper & printing sector. Paper & printing and packaging industries are expanding at a rapid pace, due to increase in population and digitization across the globe. Investments in the global paper industry have increased of late. For instance, in December 2017, Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget (SCA) expanded its capacity to produce packaging paper with white surface and white-top kraftliner in its mill located in Munksund, Sweden. In March 2017, Ittihad International Investment LLC signed an agreement with paper machine manufacturer Valmet for the installation of a new production line in Abu Dhabi, the UAE.
- Introduction of digitization has driven the demand for online shopping. This has boosted the demand for packaging and labeling. Additionally, paper and paperboard packaging are gaining consumer attraction in food & beverages, health care, manufacturing, personal care, and other industries. Splicing tapes are used in tabbing and holding of lithium-ion batteries. In the electronics industry, they are used in different electronics items for color coding.
- Rise in demand for lithium-ion batteries is likely to drive the splicing tapes market during the forecast period. However, environmental regulations related to production of repulpable paper can act as a major restraint of the market in the near future.
Splicing Tapes: Resin Segment
- In terms of resin, the global splicing tapes market can be segmented into acrylic, rubber, and silicone
- The acrylic segment is expected to account for significant share of the global splicing tapes market during the forecast period. It is anticipated to be followed by the rubber segment.
Splicing Tapes: Backing Material Segment
- In terms of backing material, the global splicing tapes market can be segmented into paper/tissue, filmic materials (PET/polyester/PVC/PP), non-woven, and others
- The paper/tissue segment is expected to account for significant share of the global splicing tapes market during the forecast period. It is anticipated to be followed by the filmic materials (PET/polyester/PVC/PP) segment.
Splicing Tapes: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global splicing tapes market can be segmented into paper & printing, packaging, electronics, labeling, and others
- The paper & printing segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. It is projected to be followed by the packaging segment.
COVID-19 Impact on Splicing Tapes Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe has come to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the global splicing tapes market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Splicing Tapes Market
- In terms of region, the global splicing tapes market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global splicing tapes market in 2020. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period owing to the expanding paper & printing and packaging sectors in the region. The market in developing countries, such as China and India, is expected to witness rapid growth in the near future, as manufacturers in these countries are consistently investing in modern paper-manufacturing infrastructure, creating a highly competitive environment for international trade of paper products. The splicing tapes market in North America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace owing to the new product development and increase in usage of splicing tapes in the packaging sector in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Splicing Tapes Market
The global splicing tapes market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global splicing tapes market include:
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- Scapa Group Plc.
- tesa SE
- Intertape Polymer Group, Inc.
- Shurtape Technologies LLC
- Orafol Europe Gmbh
- Adhesive Research, Inc.
Global Splicing Tapes Market: Research Scope
Global Splicing Tapes Market, by Resin
Global Splicing Tapes Market, by Backing Material
- Filmic Materials (Pet/Polyester/PVC/PP)
Global Splicing Tapes Market, by Application
- Paper & Printing
Global Splicing Tapes Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.