Specialty Sorbents: Introduction
- Specialty sorbents are engineered and modified materials that are used in applications requiring absorption as well as adsorption
- Materials that are commonly used as specialty sorbents are carbon black, chitosan, silica, and engineered nanomaterials. Primary applications wherein specialty sorbents are used include cleanup of oils, industrial liquids, and chemicals; gas separation and drying by absorption or adsorption; and oxygen and moisture absorption. Sorbents are widely used for cleanup of oil spills and oil leaks in water bodies to help curb environmental contamination.
- In terms of material, the specialty sorbents market can be divided into carbon black, chitosan, silica, and engineered nanomaterials. Chitosan is a widely used type of specialty sorbent. Chitosan is increasingly being used in water treatment and sludge treatment, due to its ability to adsorb heavy metal ions. Demand for engineered nanomaterials is rising at a rapid pace. Carbon nanotubes, titania, and silver nanomaterials are common engineered nanomaterials that are used as specialty sorbents.
- Based on end-user, the specialty sorbents market can be classified into oil & gas, food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, construction, and others. Oil & gas is the leading end-user segment of the specialty sorbents market. Construction is a rapidly expanding end-user segment of the specialty sorbents market, as specialty sorbents are highly used for water control in cements.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Specialty Sorbents Market
- Growth in investments in industrial and municipal infrastructure; and expansion of the global construction industry are major drivers of the global specialty sorbents market
- Use of intelligent sorbents for controlling the level of moisture, oxygen, and hydrocarbons in pharmaceutical packaging systems is also estimated to drive the specialty sorbents market
- Launch of absorbent materials in the construction industry to produce concrete materials has created new opportunities in terms of water control in concrete
Specialty Sorbents: Segments
- The specialty sorbents market can be segmented based on type, material, application, and end-user
- Based on type, the market can be divided into natural organic, synthetic, and natural inorganic
- In terms of material, the market can be fragmented into chitosan, silica, carbon black, engineered nanomaterials, and others
- Based on application, the market can be divided into water treatment, gas separation, cleanup of oils, moisture control, and others
- In terms of end user, the market can be classified into pharmaceuticals, oil & gas, construction, food & beverages, and others
Covid-19 Impact on Specialty Sorbents Market
- Emergence of the new COVID strain in many developed and developing countries has adversely affected the health care infrastructure. Hospital staff, medicines, oxygen beds, and ventilators are in short supply. Graveyards and crematoriums have been working continuously to tackle the rise in dead bodies. Supply chains are facing disruptions, leading to disturbances in production activities in many countries.
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Shortage of labor due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis and unavailability of raw materials are further expected to hamper the specialty sorbents market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Specialty Sorbents Market
- In terms of region, the global specialty sorbents market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the market, closely followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period. China is the major contributor to the market in Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa is another major consumer of specialty sorbents. North America and Western Europe witness significant demand for specialty sorbents. Latin America is a minor contributor to the global demand for specialty sorbents. The specialty sorbents market in Middle East & Africa and Europe is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years. This can be primarily ascribed to the increasing industrialization and higher rate of adoption of specialty sorbents in these regions.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Specialty Sorbents Market
The global specialty sorbents market was consolidated in 2021. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global specialty sorbents market include:
- Clariant AG
- Evonik Industries
- Mitsubishi Chemicals Holdings Company
- LG Chem Ltd
- W. R. Grace
- Dow Chemical Company
- Sumitomo Chemicals
- Kolon Industries
- Tosoh Corporation
- Calgon Carbon Corporation
Global Specialty Sorbents Market: Research Scope
Global Specialty Sorbents Market, by Type
- Natural Organic
- Natural Inorganic
Global Specialty Sorbents Market, by Material
- Carbon Black
- Engineered Nanomaterials
Global Specialty Sorbents Market, by Application
- Water Treatment
- Gas Separation
- Cleanup of Oils
- Moisture Control
Global Specialty Sorbents Market, by End-user
- Oil & Gas
- Food & Beverages
Global Specialty Sorbents Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.