Specialty Printing Substrates Market: Introduction
- Printing substrate is a physical material on which an image is printed. It can be used in various applications. For instance, conventional solvent and eco-solvent printing deliver crisp images with bright colors. However, specialty printing substrates can be used in the most unexpected places such as floors in corporate lobbies and display areas, windows in shops and vehicles, pools and aquariums, and walls.
- Substrate synthetic paper is a durable and lamination-friendly solution that is engineered to meet many specialty printing applications from waterproof menus and tear-resistant maps to heavy-duty manuals for industrial job sites. Bright silver, clear, and white pressure sensitive papers are resistant to chemicals. These possess excellent bond strength. They have long term adhesion indoors and outdoors, and possess superior surface smoothness and conformability.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Specialty Printing Substrates Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Specialty Printing Substrates Market
- Rise in demand for sheeting, and digital imaging across the globe is expected to boost the specialty printing substrates market
- Increase in demand for advanced printing technologies such as 3D printing, hybrid printing, and micro dispensing is likely to boost the demand for specialty printing substrates in various applications such as packaging, publishing, printed electronics, and decorative designing
Different Types of Specialty Printing Substrates
- Based on type, different types of substrates are available in the market. These include PVC synthetics, polyester, wood, dark and transparent synthetics, pressure sensitive papers, metallized board, and post-consumer waste papers (PCW). Synthetic paper eliminates the need for lamination, and is resistant to water, chemicals, and tears. Synthetic paper can be perforated, laser die-cut, scored, folded, and punched. Rigid vinyl PVC offers excellent durability and is easy to use. It is resistant to UV degradation, good rigidity, and low flammability (resists ignition).
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market
- Geographically, the global specialty printing substrates market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is the leading consumer of specialty printing substrates, followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest global specialty printing substrates market in the near future due to the growth in demand for building and construction, and packaging.
- Countries such as China and India are also undertaking initiatives to attract major automotive manufacturers to manufacture specialty printing substrates. Specialty printing substrates are not only used for printing graphics, but are also employed in printing electronic components. Hence, they are used for functional printing. Specialty printing substrates are used in various novel applications such as photovoltaic, OLED displays, sensors, RFID, batteries, and OLED lighting.
- Growth in economies and rise in middle-class population in South & Central American countries, such as Brazil, Argentina, Costa Rica, and others, have boosted the food & beverages industry. This, in turn, is propelling the specialty printing substrates market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Specialty Printing Substrates Market here
Key Players in Specialty Printing Substrates Market
The specialty printing substrates market is fragmented with companies focusing on integrating advanced technologies to improve their market share. Companies are offering a complete portfolio of products, and are focusing on different business strategies to strengthen their position in the market.
On June 20, 2018, Midland Specialty Paper & Film, a division of Midland Paper, announced the official launch of two new stand-alone Specialty Paper & Film Catalogs – Specialty Paper and Film for HP Indigo and Specialty Substrates for Offset Printing
On 19 March, 2019, Cosmo Films, a global leader in films for flexible packaging, lamination and labeling applications as well as synthetic paper, showcased its specialty range of printing substrates at the International Printing Technology Exhibition of China also known as Print China in Dongguan city, Guangdong Province, China
Key players operating in the specialty printing substrates market include:
- AMS Print & Mail
- Ultraflex Systems, Inc.
- Sierra Coating Technologies LLC
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Midland Specialty Paper & Film
- Cosmo Films
Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market: Research Scope
Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market, by Type
- PVC Synthetics
- Dark and Transparent Synthetics
- Pressure Sensitive Papers
- Metallized Board
- Post-consumer Waste Papers (PCW)
Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market, by Application
Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.