Specialty Printing Substrates Market: Introduction
- Printing substrate is a physical material on which an image is printed. It can be used in various applications. For instance, conventional solvent and eco-solvent printing deliver crisp images with bright colors. However, specialty printing substrates can be used in the most unexpected places such as floors in corporate lobbies and display areas, windows in shops and vehicles, pools and aquariums, and walls.
- Substrate synthetic paper is a durable and lamination-friendly solution that is engineered to meet many specialty printing applications from waterproof menus and tear-resistant maps to heavy-duty manuals for industrial job sites. Bright silver, clear, and white pressure sensitive papers are resistant to chemicals. These possess excellent bond strength. They have long term adhesion indoors and outdoors, and possess superior surface smoothness and conformability.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Specialty Printing Substrates Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Specialty Printing Substrates Market
- Rise in demand for sheeting, and digital imaging across the globe is expected to boost the specialty printing substrates market
- Increase in demand for advanced printing technologies such as 3D printing, hybrid printing, and micro dispensing is likely to boost the demand for specialty printing substrates in various applications such as packaging, publishing, printed electronics, and decorative designing
Different Types of Specialty Printing Substrates
- Based on type, different types of substrates are available in the market. These include PVC synthetics, polyester, wood, dark and transparent synthetics, pressure sensitive papers, metallized board, and post-consumer waste papers (PCW). Synthetic paper eliminates the need for lamination, and is resistant to water, chemicals, and tears. Synthetic paper can be perforated, laser die-cut, scored, folded, and punched. Rigid vinyl PVC offers excellent durability and is easy to use. It is resistant to UV degradation, good rigidity, and low flammability (resists ignition).
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market
- Geographically, the global specialty printing substrates market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is the leading consumer of specialty printing substrates, followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest global specialty printing substrates market in the near future due to the growth in demand for building and construction, and packaging.
- Countries such as China and India are also undertaking initiatives to attract major automotive manufacturers to manufacture specialty printing substrates. Specialty printing substrates are not only used for printing graphics, but are also employed in printing electronic components. Hence, they are used for functional printing. Specialty printing substrates are used in various novel applications such as photovoltaic, OLED displays, sensors, RFID, batteries, and OLED lighting.
- Growth in economies and rise in middle-class population in South & Central American countries, such as Brazil, Argentina, Costa Rica, and others, have boosted the food & beverages industry. This, in turn, is propelling the specialty printing substrates market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Specialty Printing Substrates Market here
Key Players in Specialty Printing Substrates Market
The specialty printing substrates market is fragmented with companies focusing on integrating advanced technologies to improve their market share. Companies are offering a complete portfolio of products, and are focusing on different business strategies to strengthen their position in the market.
On June 20, 2018, Midland Specialty Paper & Film, a division of Midland Paper, announced the official launch of two new stand-alone Specialty Paper & Film Catalogs – Specialty Paper and Film for HP Indigo and Specialty Substrates for Offset Printing
On 19 March, 2019, Cosmo Films, a global leader in films for flexible packaging, lamination and labeling applications as well as synthetic paper, showcased its specialty range of printing substrates at the International Printing Technology Exhibition of China also known as Print China in Dongguan city, Guangdong Province, China
Key players operating in the specialty printing substrates market include:
- AMS Print & Mail
- Ultraflex Systems, Inc.
- Sierra Coating Technologies LLC
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Midland Specialty Paper & Film
- Cosmo Films
Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market: Research Scope
Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market, by Type
- PVC Synthetics
- Dark and Transparent Synthetics
- Pressure Sensitive Papers
- Metallized Board
- Post-consumer Waste Papers (PCW)
Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market, by Application
Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.