Specialty Printing Substrates Market: Overview
- Printing substrate is a physical material on which an image is printed. It can be used in various applications. For instance, conventional solvent and eco-solvent printing delivers crisp images with bright colors. However, specialty printing substrates can be used in the most unexpected places such as floors in corporate lobbies and display areas, windows in shops and vehicles, pools and aquariums, and walls.
- Substrate synthetic paper is a durable and lamination-friendly solution that is engineered to meet many specialty printing applications from waterproof menus and tear-resistant maps to heavy-duty manuals for industrial job sites. Bright silver, clear, and white pressure sensitive papers are resistant to chemicals. These possess excellent bond strength. They have long term adhesion indoors and outdoors, and possess superior surface smoothness and conformability.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Specialty Printing Substrates Market
- Increase in demand for advanced printing technologies such as 3D printing, hybrid printing, and micro-dispensing is likely to boost the demand for specialty printing substrates in various applications such as packaging, publishing, printed electronics, and decorative designing
- In marketing, the packaging of a product gives information about the quality and standard of the product. Therefore, product manufacturers want the packaging of their products to be more attractive so that they can sell them quickly in the market. Hence, demand for specialty printing substrates has been gaining momentum in the packaging industry.
- Availability of low-priced alternatives is a major restrain of the specialty printing substrates market
Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market: Segmentation
- The global specialty printing substrates market can be segmented based on type and application
- Based on type, the global market can be divided into PVC synthetics, polyester, wood, dark & transparent synthetics, pressure sensitive papers, metallized board, and post-consumer waste papers (PCW). Synthetic paper eliminates the need for lamination, and is resistant to water, chemicals, and tears. Synthetic paper can be perforated, laser die-cut, scored, folded, and punched. Rigid vinyl PVC offers excellent durability and is easy to use. It is resistant to UV degradation, and possesses good rigidity and low flammability (resists ignition).
- Based on application, the global specialty printing substrates market can be segregated into packaging, automotive, electronics, and others. The automotive segment is projected to hold key share of the global market during the forecast period.
Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global specialty printing substrates market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is the leading consumer of specialty printing substrates, followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest global specialty printing substrates market in the near future due to the growth of building & construction and packaging industries in the region. China and India are also undertaking initiatives to attract major automotive manufacturers to manufacture specialty printing substrates. Specialty printing substrates are not only used for printing graphics, but are also employed in printing electronic components. Hence, they are used for functional printing. Specialty printing substrates are used in various novel applications such as photovoltaic, OLED displays, sensors, RFID, batteries, and OLED lighting.
- Growth of economies and rise in middle-class population in countries in South and Central America, such as Brazil, Argentina, and Costa Rica, have boosted the food & beverages industry in these regions. This, in turn, is propelling the specialty printing substrates market in these regions.
COVID-19 Impact on Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected the global specialty printing substrates market. Manufacturing of automotive and electronics across the globe suffered a temporary shut down during lockdowns. Measures such as social distancing also impacted operations adversely. However, recovery of global demand for automotive and electronics after lockdowns augurs well for the specialty printing substrates market in the short term.
Key Players in Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market
The global specialty printing substrates market is fragmented, with companies focusing on integrating advanced technologies to improve their market share. Companies are offering a complete portfolio of products, and are focusing on different business strategies to strengthen their position in the market.
Key players operating in the global specialty printing substrates market are:
- AMS Print & Mail
- Ultraflex Systems, Inc.
- Sierra Coating Technologies LLC
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Midland Specialty Paper & Film
- Cosmo Films
Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market: Research Scope
Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market, by Type
- PVC Synthetics
- Dark & Transparent Synthetics
- Pressure Sensitive Papers
- Metallized Board
- Post-consumer Waste Papers (PCW)
Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market, by Application
Global Specialty Printing Substrates Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.