Specialty Gases for Electronics Application Market: Introduction
- Specialty gases are majorly used in the manufacture and assembly of electronics products. Different types of specialty gases utilized for electronic applications include halogen gases, carbon gases, noble gases, and high purity gases.
- Specialty gases refer to zero gases, calibration gases, carrier gases, and instrumentation gases, bump test gases, and span gases. These are either pure gases or mixtures of gases available at concentrations level ranging from percent to portion per billion and even portion per trillion.
- In electronics applications, specialty gases are extensively employed to manufacture various products such as LEDs, solar, semiconductors-delivering materials, and flat panel displays
- These gases are produced in small quantities, available in gaseous or liquid form, and serve several industries such as semiconductors and electronics. These gases include all the minor gases that are used in specialized applications such as PCB and solar panel manufacturing. They are available as pure gases or a mixture of gases depending on their targeted end-use.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Specialty Gases for Electronics Application Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Specialty Gases for Electronics Application Market
- The electronics product manufacturing industry is a prominent consumer of specialty gases and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the various applications of specialty gases in the electronics industry.
- Demand for specialty gases is rising among LED manufacturers, owing to the high purity of specialty gases. This is another factor that is estimated to boost the global market. Rising demand for specialty gases in various applications including photovoltaic cells and plasma display panels, is an additional factor that is expected to propel the global specialty gases for electronics application market during the forecast period.
- Demand for specialty gases in the production of flat panel displays is estimated to rise significantly during the forecast period. Furthermore, increasing adoption of electronic specialty gases for dry etching in the processes of mounting semiconductors and PCBs used in electronic devices is another factor that is expected to propel the global market during the forecast period.
- Stringent rules and regulations on the specialty gas manufacturing industry are estimated to hamper the market.
Significant Expansion of Electronics Industry
- Based on type, the global specialty gases for electronics application market can be segmented into high purity gases, halogen based gases, carbon-based gases, noble gases, and other gases (atmospheric gases, leshalogen based gases, etc.)
- Based on end-user, the global specialty gases for electronics application market can be divided into semiconductors, solar, LED, flat panel display, and others (semiconductors- delivering materials, PCB, etc.)
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Specialty Gases for Electronics Application
- In terms of region, the global specialty gases for electronics application market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a leading market for specialty gases for electronics application during the forecast period. Demand for specialty gases from the expanding electronic industry, particularly for flat panel display and LED sectors in countries such as China and Taiwan in the region is anticipated to rise during the forecast period. Moreover, demand for electronic products is rising in Asia Pacific, owing to the high demand for advanced electronic products and increase in disposable income of the population. Additionally, unique applications and features of specialty gases for electronics applications are expected to offer significant opportunity to manufacturers in countries in Asia Pacific in the near future.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Specialty Gases for Electronics Application Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
- The global specialty gases for electronics application market was highly fragmented in 2018. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
- Industry participants are engaged in significant R&D activities to enhance their product offerings
Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- The Linde Group
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- The Messer Group GmbH
- Praxair Technology, Inc.
- Air Liquide S.A.
- Maine Oxy
- Luxfer Holdings PLC
- Critical Systems, Inc
- SCI Analytical
- Electronic Fluorocarbons, LLC
- Showa Denko K.K.
- Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation
- A-OX WELDING SUPPLY CO. INC.
- Koch Modular Process Systems, LLC
- CIC Photonics, Inc.
Global Specialty Gases for Electronics Application Market: Research Scope
Global Specialty Gases for Electronics Application Market, by Type
- High Purity Gases
- Halogen based gases
- Carbon-based Gases
- Noble Gases
- Other Gases (Atmospheric Gases, Leshalogen Based Gases, etc.)
Global Specialty Gases for Electronics Application Market, by End-user
- Flat Panel Display
- Others (semiconductors- delivering materials, PCB, etc.)
Global Specialty Gases for Electronics Application Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.