Specialty films are known to have high tensile strength and act as a protective shield owing to which it is utilized in various sectors. Growing importance of bio-based polymers, economic growth of BRIC countries are some of the factors that have been driving the market for specialty films. The specialty films market is primarily focused on materials such as polyesters, nylons, polyolefin-based films such as Ethylene vinyl alcohol (EVOH) and polyvinylidene chloride (PVdC), polycarbonates, fluoropolymers and polyamides. Fluoropolymers, polyolefin-based films and nylons are the major product segments and are expected to account for a major chunk of the market for specialty films. Bio-based polymers are also expected to come into focus in the near future due to environmental concerns and clean energy.
Specialty films are majorly used in electronics, food & beverages and aviation industry. Whereas, Military applications, marine, safety and security industry are also major markets and are expected to become substantial markets for specialty films in the foreseeable future. Specialty films used in photovoltaic modules are also expected to be in huge demand in the near future. Traditionally, North America and Europe have been the major markets for specialty films, sharing superiority in both production as well as consumption. Of late, South America, Eastern Europe and Asia-Pacific (excluding Japan) have been showing relatively quicker growth and are expected to be the dominant markets in terms of price competitiveness and continuous expansion. Emerging countries such as Russia, China, Brazil and India (BRIC countries) are expected to be the main economies driving the market forward.
Key participants in this industry include Bayer Material Science Functional Films, Evonik, Honeywell International Specialty Films, Dow Specialty Packaging & Films, 3M, American Durafilm Co., Ensinger/Penn Fibre, Eastman Kodak, Bemis, Clopay Plastic Products, Creative Film Corp., Altuglas International, Biaxis Oy Ltd. and Extrusion Dies Industries.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments