Spandex Fibers Market: Introduction
- Spandex is a synthetic polymer. It is also called elastane fiber. Chemically, it is made up of a long-chain polyglycol combined with a short di-isocyanate, and contains at least 85% polyurethane.
- It is an elastomer, which means it can be stretched to a certain degree. It recoils when released. These fibers are superior to rubber, as they are stronger, lighter, and more versatile.
- Spandex fibers can be stretched to almost 500% of their length
Key Drivers and Restraints of Spandex Fibers Market
- Rise in demand for textiles around the globe is propelling the spandex fibers market. These fibers are widely used in the manufacture of sportswear, garments, and casual wears. Increase in disposable income of consumers is driving the demand for various textiles. Rise in population base is also propelling the demand for textile, thereby augmenting the spandex fibers market. According to the U.S Census Bureau, the global population is expected to reach 8 billion by the end of 2025. However, rise in usage of substitutes of spandex fibers such as Natural Rubber Latex (NRL) and Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT) is negatively affecting the spandex fibers market.
Spandex Fibers Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the spandex fibers market can be divided into apparel and clothing, medical and health care, home furnishing, and others
- The apparel and clothing segment dominates the spandex fibers market, as expanding discretionary income in developing nations is leading to an increase in requirements for apparel
- In clothing applications, spandex is usually mixed with cotton/rayon/polyester or nylon fiber depending on the fabric. Spandex is durable and recovers to very near to its original length and shape after stretching.
- Rise in demand for spandex in applications such as sport wear, active wear, intimate wear, and others is also likely to propel the market during the forecast period
COVID-19 Impact on Global Spandex Fibers Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to a disturbance in the supply chain due to the global lockdown in several countries. The spread of coronavirus caused a fall in demand for chemical intermediates due to uncertainty in the global economy and capital markets. Therefore, various major countries observed significant variation in demand for spandex fibers in end-use industries such as apparel and clothing, medical and health care, and home furnishing.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Spandex Fibers Market
- In terms of region, the spandex fibers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global spandex fibers market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period
- Of late, there has been a shift in manufacturing facilities of spandex fibers from Europe to Asia Pacific, especially China and India, for various applications, primarily apparel and clothing, medical and health care, and home furnishing. This shift can be ascribed to the availability of cheap labor, supportive government policies, and availability of natural resources, which have resulted in Asia Pacific to be the largest consumer of spandex fibers.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Spandex Fibers Market
The spandex fibers market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the spandex fibers market include:
- Hyosung Corporation
- Du Pont
- Teijin ltd
- Toray Industries
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Far Eastern New Century Corporation
- Jiangsu Shuangliang Spandex Co., Ltd.
- Taekwang Industrial Co. Ltd.
- TK Chemical Corporation
- Xiamen Lilong Spandex Co., Ltd.
Spandex Fibers Market: Research Scope
Spandex Fibers Market, by Production Process
- Solution Dry Spinning
- Solution Wet Spinning
Spandex Fibers Market, by Application
- Apparel and Clothing
- Medical and Health Care
- Home Furnishing
Global Spandex Fibers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.