Sourcing Software: Introduction
- Sourcing software is also known as e-sourcing or eSourcing software. Strategic sourcing software focuses on the selection and identification of suppliers. Sourcing software has some similar functions as procurement software; or we can say that it is a module which falls under the category of procurement software.
- Sourcing software provides real-time capabilities to its customers. However, the main work of sourcing software is to maintain a high level of collaboration throughout the entire sourcing process. It provides a centralized portal with built-in communication system to customers who want to view bids, quotes, and proposals.
- Sourcing software offers numerous features such as eRFx (electronic request for “X”) management, document management, side-by-side comparison tool, integration (esourcing forum), and reporting to customers
- The global sourcing software market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increase in demand for cloud-based sourcing software among organizations
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Sourcing Software Market: Dynamics
Global Sourcing Software Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Increase in demand for automation of sourcing processes such as supplier-bidding, invoice RFx, supplier negotiation, supplier evaluation, and supplier selection as well as other sourcing activities, is expected to boost the sourcing software market during the forecast period. This is primarily because automating sourcing process or activities helps customers to avoid loss at many stages of the sourcing process; supports in gaining end-to-end visibility in the supply chain management systems; and remove manual errors in supply chain systems.
- Rise in adoption of cloud-based sourcing software among organizations are expected to boost the demand for sourcing software across the globe. This is primarily because cloud-based sourcing software have lower deployment cost and a pay-per-use billing model for IT-related services.
- Increase in online shopping and significant shifts in consumer buying patterns have pushed the demand to effectively manage inventory and other sourcing processes. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global sourcing software market in the next few years.
- Rise in demand from end-users for simplifying and synchronizing the supply chain management system is estimated to propel the global sourcing software market during the forecast period
- Emergence of digital technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), cloud computing, and the Internet of Things (IoT) across the globe is anticipated to boost the demand for sourcing software during the forecast period
- However, data security and privacy concern are expected to hamper the sourcing software market during the forecast period
- Increase in dynamic sourcing service requirements is projected to restrain the global sourcing software market in the next few years
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Sourcing Software Market
- Increase in cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by this pandemic. Most of the manufacturing or production of goods are temporarily suspended all over the world. Businesses have adverse impact in most of the countries due to partial or full lock down. This, in turn, is projected to indirectly hinder the global sourcing software market in the next few years.
- Lack of industrial activity is expected to result in low cash flows, further impacting the funding of projects. However, companies are collaborated with technology giants to develop industrial digitalization technologies to minimize the negative consequences of COVID-19 pandemic on the supply chain and their businesses.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Sourcing Software Market
- In terms of region, the global sourcing software market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global sourcing software market in 2019, due to the high need to optimize procurement through accurate sourcing process
- The sourcing software market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to growing foreign player investments in the countries such as India. For instance, GAP Inc., Tesco.com, and Walmart Inc., are sourcing their products from India and planned for establishing their sourcing centers.
Global Sourcing Software Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and international players are active in the sourcing software market with a strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have led to opportunities in the global sourcing software market. Sourcing software vendors are focused on inorganic growth strategy such as strategic collaborations and merger and acquisition activities with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in Global Sourcing Software Market
- Ariba Inc.
- Capgemini SE
- Coupa Software Incorporated
- IBM Corporation
- Infor Inc.
- JAGGAER, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Zycus Inc.
- SAP SE
Global Sourcing Software Market: Research Scope
Global Sourcing Software Market, by Deployment
Global Sourcing Software Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small and Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Global Sourcing Software Market, by End-user
- IT and Telecommunication
- Retail & E-commerce
- transportation & Logistics
Global Sourcing Software Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.