Sonobuoy is a portable SONAR system (SOund NAvigation and Ranging). When a Sonobuoy is dropped from an aircraft or ship, it aids in detection of submarines and conducting underwater research. Thus, it relies on sound waves to detect/locate objects in a particular region.
Sonobuoy Market – Competitive Landscape
The Sonobuoy market is dominated by leading players that have presence and operations across the world. These players are focusing on acquisitions and new product launches to stay ahead of the competition.
- In May 2019, Harris Corp showcased its pylon-mounted Sonobuoy dispenser model at the International Maritime Defense Exhibition & Conference (IMDEX) 2019
- In October 2018, Thales Group announced that it is working on a new Sonobuoy system called the Sono-Flash that combines both active and passive modes in a single buoy.
- In 2018, the US Navy awarded US$39.6 Mn to ERAPSCO, an Ultra Electronics Holdings and Sparton Corporation joint venture for Sonobuoy manufacturing for the US Navy.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Sonobuoy Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Founded in 1919, Sparton Corporation develops and manufactures Sonobuoy. Apart from that, the company is also involved in design and manufacture of variety of electronic and electromechanical products and assemblies.
Established in 1921, Thales S.A. provides solutions for customers in the space, defense, aeronautics, security, and ground transportation markets worldwide. In 2018, the company launched advanced multistatic SONAR disclosed the development of a new combined active/passive sonobuoy intended to meet the French Navy's anti-submarine warfare (ASW) needs.
Ultra Electronics Group
Founded in 1993, the company is an electrical and electronics engineering company that offers various products and solutions in the aerospace and defense, energy, transport, and security markets. The company provides Sonobuoys of various types and sizes including miniature Sonobuoys designed for unmanned aerial vehicles.
Established in 2000, Radixon Group is headquartered in Australia and manufactures satellite and broadcast network equipment worldwide. The company offers Sonobuoy receivers appropriate for airborne and seaborne deployment, in both military and civilian applications.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Sonobuoy Market, ask for a customized report here
Sonobuoy Market – Dynamics
Increase in Defense Expenditure on Sonar Systems
According to Defense News, Pentagon wants to buy 204,000 Sonobuoy in its fiscal 2020 budget request i.e. a 50% spending increase over 2018. In March 2019, Donald Trump signed a Presidential Determination that gave the Department the authority to withstand and multiply the domestic production of AN/SSQ series Sonobuoy under the Defense Production Act (DPA) Title III. Furthermore, Britain’s Ministry of Defense has also boosted the spending on cyber and anti-submarine warfare.
Sonobuoy Market – Segmentation
On the basis of deployment, the Sonobuoy market can be divided into:
On the basis of range, the Sonobuoy market can be classified into:
- Short Range
- Long Range
On the basis of function, the Sonobuoy market can be segregated into:
- Special Purpose
On the basis of application, the Sonobuoy market can be segregated into:
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.