Solvent Distillation Units Market: Introduction
- Solvent distillation units are widely used to separate contaminations from mixtures and to purify them. Application of the distillation process varies from one industry to another. In the food & beverages and chemical manufacturing industry, solvent distillation units are used for the process of purification of the product by removing toxic and impure materials. After the complete process of distillation, the end result is a highly concentrated purified mixture that is free from all contaminants.
- Solvent distillation process helps retain distilled solvent from the mixture. In this case, the concentrated mixture is passed through the distillation process to recover contaminated mixtures such as waste cleaning solvents.
- Solvent distillation units use selective boiling and condensation process to recover or separate substances from liquid. These substances can be in the form of solid or liquid depending upon the application of the liquid.
- In the process of distillation, the solvent blend is manually or automatically transferred into a high resistance polyethylene bag. The polyethylene bag then collects the sludge at the end of the process. The distillation tank is properly sealed with a liquid lock system to carry out the process effectively.
Key Drivers of Solvent Distillation Units Market
- The global chemical industry has been expanding due to continuous innovation in products and wide application across industries such as pharmaceutical, manufacturing, industrial, and food & beverages. Solvent distillation unit is mainly used in the chemical industry to separate contaminants from the liquid. Rise in usage of solvent distillation in chemical and pharmaceutical industries is expected to drive the demand for solvent distillation units during the forecast period.
- The beverage industry has been expanding at a rapid pace since the last few years. The use of distillation in the manufacture of alcoholic products is expected to augment the demand for solvent distillation units in the near future.
Key Restraint of Solvent Distillation Units Market
- The columns present in distillation units contain hazardous inventories and flammable boiling liquid. There is chance of loss of containment of liquid in the process. There is overpressure due to heat radiation from the fire. Pressure relief devices are required for smooth operation. These factors are anticipated to hamper the market in the near future.
Covid-19 Impact on Solvent Distillation Units Market
- The Covid-19 pandemic has had a severe impact on the solvent distillation units market. Solvent distillation units are used in industries such as food & beverages and chemicals. Manufacture of chemicals came to a halt due to lockdowns imposed by governments of various countries across the world. Supply chain disruption and lower demand for packaged food adversely impacted the food & beverages market. This directly impacted the solvent distillation units market.
Global Solvent Distillation Units Market: Regional Outlook
- Based on region, the global solvent distillation units market can be classified into North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the major region of the global SOLVENT distillation units market during the forecast period. Increase in application of solvent distillation units in end-use industries such as chemical manufacturing and food & beverages is expected to propel the market in the region.
- The market in Latin America and Europe is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace due to major shift in the manufacturing industry in the region. Majority of chemical manufacturing is outsourced to Asia Pacific.
- The market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. Economic development and industrial development is expected to boost the demand for solvent distillation market in these regions.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global solvent distillation units market include:
- Atmar-Glass Inc.
- Comexi Group
- Italia Sistemi Tecnologici s.p.a.
- ProTek Devices LP
- Wolfangel GmbH
- D.W. RENZMANN Apparatebau GmbH
- Ventilatorenfabrik Oelde GmbH
- OFRU Recycling GmbH & Co. KG
- Horizon Technology Inc.
- Oregon Environmental Systems
- Finish Thompson Inc.
- OVIT srl
- Flexo Wash llc
Global Solvent Distillation Units Market: Research Scope
Global Solvent Distillation Units Market, by Type
Global Solvent Distillation Units Market, by Application
- Contaminating Solvent
Global Solvent Distillation Units Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Oil & Gas
Global Solvent Distillation Units Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa