Solvent cement is preferred for fast, easy, and stronger assembly of PVC pipes. The solvent cement market is anticipated to grow at a significant rate in the coming years due to growing demand for PVC pipes in construction and irrigation activities. Growing demand for residential houses in urban areas are a major growth driver of the solvent cement market. Asia Pacific is the major market for solvent cement due to growing construction and infrastructure activities in several developing countries in this region. Growth in different types of pipes (PVC, CPVC etc.), are anticipated to encourage the demand for solvent cement across the globe. However, detrimental impact of plastic is expected to hamper the demand for plastic pipes, which ultimately affects the demand for solvent cement.
Solvent Cement Market – Competitive Landscape
The solvent cement market has several international and domestic companies. Leading players are focusing on further innovation in products and business expansion to enhance their market share.
- In April 2016, IPS Corporation announced the acquisition of Roof Top Blox. Roof Top Blox. This company will be integrated into with IPS’ two U.S. master distribution centers, as well as in Canada.
- Companies are focusing on regional expansion by collaborating with domestic companies to expand their customer base. For example, HP International is increasing its presence across the globe by collaborating with companies in the U.S and Europe.
Major players in the solvent cement market are making considerable investment in R&D facilities to widen their product portfolio to meet the expanding market demand.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our Report Brochure here
King Pipes and Fittings
Founded in 1996, King Pipes and Fittings, a key player in the solvent cement market has its headquarters in Rajkot, India. The company is involved in manufacturing and trading a wide range of PVC and UPVC pipe fittings. It has around 500 employees. The product portfolio of the company includes CPVC pipes, UPVC pipes and fittings, solvent cement etc.
Finolex Industries Limited
Established in 1981, Finolex Industries Limited is based in Gujarat and Maharashtra, India. It has three power plants in India and around 15,000 direct and indirect outlets. The company’s product portfolio includes agriculture pipes and fittings, and plumbing sanitation pipes and fittings.
HP International Ltd.
HP International Ltd. is a flagship company of the HP group founded in 1978. The company manufactures solvent cement and is active in a diverse range of business streams including adhesives, plumbing, textiles, plumbing accessories, logistics, real estate, and engineering industries. It has presence across 40 countries and has collaboration with several companies in the U.S. and Europe to increase its international presence.
Several international and domestic players are involved in manufacturing solvent cement. These include Advance Agrisearch Limited, Adon Chemical, Neoseal, Kenon Adhesives Pvt. Ltd., and IPS Corporation.
Solvent Cement Market – Dynamics
Significant growth in construction industry in developing regions
Growing urbanization and industrialization are boosting construction and infrastructure activities in developing countries, especially in the Asia Pacific region. This is expected to boost the demand for solvent cements in the coming years. Industrialization is leading to migration of people to urban areas. This is encouraging demand for residential houses which is supportive for the growth of the solvent cement market.
Growing demand from agriculture sector and boost in irrigation activities
Growth in demand for pipes and fittings from the agriculture sector, and irrigation development across regions is also anticipated to boost the demand for solvent cement. Governments of different countries are taking initiatives to promote irrigation activities which is also expected to drive the growth of the solvent cement market.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Global Solvent Cement Market – Segmentation
The global solvent cement market can be segmented based on:
- Distribution Channel
Global Solvent Cement Market, by Type
Based on type, the global solvent cement market can be classified into:
- PVC Solvent Cement
- CPVC Solvent Cement
- ABS Solvent Cement
- Others (Transitional Solvent Cement etc.)
Global Solvent Cement Market, by Application
In terms of application, the global solvent cement market can be divided into:
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) Pipes
- CPVC Pipes (Chlorinated Poly Vinyl Chloride)
- ABS (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) Pipes
Global Solvent Cement Market, by Distribution Channel
Based on distribution channel, the global solvent cement market can be bifurcated into:
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.