Solid beverages are manufactured from raw materials such as fruit juice, plant extracts and sugar, and have a water content of less than 5%. The dried raw materials are ground into fine powder and then mixed with formula products, or are directly spray dried into powder. The finished product is usually in powdered form that is dissolved in water to make the preferred drink ready to consume. Though solid beverage is a simple drink, it should not be reconstituted with hot water because the nutrients that it contains would break down at high temperatures, thus defeating the purpose.
The global solid beverage industry market is boosted by certain key driving factors. Solid beverages are inherently rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. The consumption of these drinks replenishes the metabolism rate. Besides, the leading manufacturers in the global market are offering innovation in terms of a diverse product line such as fruit flavored drink, protein based drinks. As a result, the beverages are launched in various new varieties of flavor, thus attracting a broader base of consumers, especially in the emerging economies.
However, there are some restraints which impede the growth of this market. Solid beverages generally have a relatively higher chemical content than traditional beverages. Consumption of these drinks in large quantities on a regular basis has considerable health consequences likes weight gain, high sugar intake. Certain solid beverages have artificial flavors and color concentrate added in it. This makes the consumption unsafe on daily basis. If consumed daily it might lead to weight gain. Kids and mid age people should consume it less. Additionally, solid beverages are associated with several health problems including diabetes and various others. This can reduce solid beverage consumption, which in turn would impede the growth of the market. Moreover, the aqueous solution of vitamin C in the air gets oxidized rapidly. In spite of the hindering factors, the global solid beverage market is expected to witness decent growth rates in the coming years.
One of the main reason behind the growth of solid beverage is its high demand among consumers. Availability of the same in a variety of flavors has lured a broad base of consumers, most of which fall in the young age group. Further, the demand for solid beverage products is significantly high in tropical countries, where they consumed in abundance during summertime in order to beat the heat.
Based on type, the market is categorized into fruit flavored drinks, and protein based drinks among others. The fruit flavor drinks are mainly based on juice, sugar and nutrition which help to enhance the drinks with color, smell, taste and other sensory characteristics. In addition, based on distribution channel, the market is classified into online stores and offline store. Offline stores are inclusive of supermarkets & hypermarkets, convenience stores and departmental stores among others. .
On the basis of geography, the global solid beverage industry market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Established regions have been generating high profit margins for key players in this market. For instance, North America and , Europe have been the major driving forces of the global market. Further, the developing countries in Asia Pacific such as India and China among others are fair contributors to the growth of this market. High population, rapid urbanization, and increased purchasing power of the consumers are key factors pushing the demand for solid beverages.
The global solid beverages market is marked by intense competition from the major players operating in this field. Frequent mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships, product innovations are the key strategies adopted by these players to ensure long term sustenance in this market. PepsiCo, The Coca Cola Company, Abbott Nutrition, and GlaxoSmithKline Plc are some of the key players operating in this market.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.