Solder Materials: Introduction
- The solder materials market is likely to be driven by the development of the electronic refurbishing sector. Rise in production of electronic gadgets in various regions and growth of the electronic aftermarket sector are anticipated to boost the market in the near future. Increase in R&D activities in the manufacture of advanced solder materials, for example Sn-Bi-Ag compound, by key organizations has led to a decrease in thermal excursion amid electronic assembly.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Solder Materials Market
- The solder materials market has been developing significantly of late. Rise in usage of solder materials in cars, ships, machinery, and equipment is expected to propel the solder materials market during the forecast period. Increase in awareness about the impact of lead solder on the planet is anticipated to drive the demand for low lead material, i.e. low toxic solder. Development of such low-lead materials is anticipated to drive the solder materials market.
- Progression in soldering strategies through the process of automation is also estimated to boost the solder materials market in the near future. Automation in the soldering procedure has diminished human intercession, which results in increased proficiency. Thus, the market is likely to expand significantly in the next few years.
Solder Materials: Product Segment
- In terms of product, the global solder materials market can be segmented into wire, paste, bar, and flux
- The wire segment is expected to account for significant share of the global solder materials market during the forecast period. It is anticipated to be followed by the paste segment.
- The flux segment is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the expansion of the global semiconductor industry
Solder Materials: Process Segment
- In terms of process, the global solder materials market can be segmented into screen printing, robotic, laser, and reflow
- The screen printing segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. It is projected to be followed by the laser segment.
- The robotic segment is likely to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the increase in automation in the electronics industry
Solder Materials: End-use Segment
- In terms of end-use segment, the global solder materials market can be classified into semiconductors, electronics, and building & construction
- The semiconductors segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. It is projected to be followed by the electronics segment.
- The building & construction segment is likely to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the rise in applications of solder materials
Covid-19 Impact on Solder Materials Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe has come to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the solder materials market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Solder Materials Market
- In terms of region, the global solder materials market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global solder materials market in 2020. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period owing to the growth of electronic and semiconductors industries in the region. The solder materials market in North America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace owing to the increase in production of high-end semiconductor gadgets in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Solder Materials Market
The global solder materials market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global solder materials market include:
- Lucas Milhaupt, Inc.
- Qualitek International, Inc.
- Fusion, Inc.
- Senju Metal Industry Co., Ltd.
- Koki Company ltd.
- Indium Corporation
- Tamura Corporation
- Nihon Genma
- Stannol GmbH & Co. K.G.
Global Solder Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Solder Materials Market, by Product
Global Solder Materials Market, by Process
- Screen Printing
Global Solder Materials Market, by End-use
- Building & Construction
Global Solder Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.