Solar Water Purifiers Market: Introduction
- Solar water purification involves purifying of water for drinking and household purposes by using solar energy in different manners
- The use of solar energy for water treatment is increasing, as it is a low-technology solution, which captures heat energy from the sun to purify water for human use
- Solar water purifiers are primarily beneficial for rural communities, as most of these communities do not have power grid support or they face a large number of power outages. Use of solar water purifiers eliminates the use of other power-generating sources and helps reduce pollution.
- Solar panels generate power for a battery that stores energy, which is further used for filtration and purification systems. These structures are generally portable and they are extremely useful for disaster relief.
- Solar water purifiers come in various sizes and capacities for use in industrial, commercial, and residential applications
Key Drivers of Global Solar Water Purifiers Market
- Demand for solar water purifiers is increasing, owing to rise in population and increase in the demand for potable water. Also, the use of solar water purifiers reduces pollution as well as dependency on electricity for water purification.
- The increase in public awareness and government initiatives in rural areas is anticipated to fuel the demand of solar water purifiers worldwide during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Market Developments
- In 2018, scientists at the Nimbkar Agricultural Research Institute (NARI), Maharashtra (India) developed a unique, low-cost solar water purifier. This solar water purifier is made of four, tubular solar water heaters attached to a manifold. These tubes have a special coating that helps absorb maximum sunlight. Non-potable water is filled in these tubes after filtering with a four-layered cotton cloth. The water gets heated in the stagnation mode by solar energy, which makes it potable.
Europe to Hold a Major Share of Global Solar Water Purifiers Market
- Based on region, the global solar water purifiers market can be segmented into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe dominated the global solar water purifiers market in 2018, owing to high investments in the renewable energy sector in the region. The trend is projected to continue during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to account for a major share of the global solar water purifiers market during the forecast period. The region is highly populated and the water purification infrastructure is not up to the mark, especially in remote areas of the region. Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a highly attractive market for solar water purifiers during the forecast period.
- The solar water purifiers market in Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a significant pace from 2019 to 2027. The region has less drinking water resources and hence, it is investing in solar power-operated desalination and purification plants.
- The market in North America is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period, as the region has well-established water infrastructure and its rate of electrification is high
- The solar water purifiers market in Latin America is likely to be expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period, owing to less awareness among people in the region
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Top companies operating in the global solar water purifiers market are:
- Tata Power
- Bionics Consortium Pvt. Ltd.
- HI-TECH SWEET WATER TECHNOLOGIES PVT. LTD.
- WattSun - Energy India Private Ltd
Global Solar Water Purifiers Market: Research Scope
Global Solar Water Purifiers Market, by Module Type
Global Solar Water Purifiers Market, by Solar Module Installation
Global Solar Water Purifiers Market, by Technology Type
- Solar Water Disinfection (SODIS)
- Solar Distillation
- Solar Water Pasteurization
- Solar Water Treatment Systems
Global Solar Water Purifiers Market, by End-user
- Industrial (Drinking, Water Treatment)
- Commercial (Hotels, Restaurants, Institutions, Offices, Others)
Global Solar Water Purifiers Market, by Device
Global Solar Water Purifiers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!