Solar Tree Market: Introduction
- Solar power tree is an assembly that is designed akin a tree with branches made of steel to hold photovoltaic panels. It is an independent unit that produces green energy and provides energy for a range of services.
- It is a ground mounted solar system with a pole that supports many individual panels up in the air
- Solar trees can be placed in residential and urban areas, schools and universities, courtyards, parks, and along hiking trails
Key Drivers and Restraints of Solar Tree Market
- Increase in awareness about the use of solar energy and favorable initiatives toward promotion of renewable energy are major factors driving the global solar tree market
- Solar tree possesses unique properties in terms of height and multi-angle orientation parameters. Solar tree requires less space compared to traditional solar farm due to the height parameter. This can lower the installation cost. At the same time, this parameter eliminates the necessity to install solar trackers. This further reduces the operational cost.
- Implementation of stringent regulations to support environmental conservation is prompting the power industry to shift to clean and eco-friendly energy resources. Furthermore, the cost of electricity generated using solar energy is expected to decline in the near future owing to technological developments. This is anticipated to create substantial opportunities for the solar tree market in the near future. However, high initial investments and lack of skilled professionals are major factors restraining the global solar tree market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Schools & Universities Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- The global solar tree market can be segmented in terms of connectivity, component, application, and region
- In terms of connectivity, the global market can be bifurcated into on-grid and off-grid.
- Based on component, the global solar tree market can be divided into solar PV modules, battery, cables & connectors, and others
- In terms of application, the global solar tree market can be classified into residential areas, schools & universities, recreational parks, mountainous regions, and others. The schools & universities segment dominated the global market in 2018, owing to large-scale installation of solar trees in the U.S. and Europe-based universities.
- Based on end-user, the global solar tree market can be segregated into residential, commercial & industrial, and utilities
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Solar Tree Market
- Based on region, the global solar tree market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global solar tree market in 2018. This trend is estimated to continue during the forecast period. Growth in investments in solar installation is the major factor driving the market in the region.
- The U.S. led the solar tree market North America in 2018. In November 2019, Pace University of New York installed a solar tree on its Pleasantville campus with the support of Consolidated Edison Company of New York.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. In terms of revenue, China, Japan, India, and Australia are major contributors to the solar tree market in Asia Pacific.
- Europe is estimated to contribute significantly to the global solar tree market during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Global Market
The global solar tree market is highly concentrated, with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 40% to 45% share. Key players operating in the global solar tree market include:
- Spotlight Solar
- JIP Tech
- Envision Solar
- In May 2017, the French town of Nevers installed Europe’s first ever solar panel tree. This futuristic installation enables users to charge cell phones, surf the Internet, charge an electric bike, and distribute fresh water.
- In July 2016, India’s Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences launched the ‘Solar Power Tree’ in New Delhi. It has been developed by the Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute, a constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR-CMERI).
- In March 2014, Hannah Solar, the largest full service solar integrator and renewable energy solutions provider, installed the first ‘solar energy tree’ structure in the state of Georgia. Designed and manufactured by Spotlight Solar, these structures have been “planted” at the Hannah Solar headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
Global Solar Tree Market: Research Scope
Global Solar Tree Market, by Connectivity
Global Solar Tree Market, by Component
- Solar PV Modules
- Cables & Connectors
Global Solar Tree Market, by Application
- Residential Areas
- Schools & Universities
- Recreational Parks
- Mountainous Regions
Global Solar Tree Market, by Application
- Commercial & Industrial
Global Solar Tree Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.