Solar Control Window Films Market - Overview
Growing demand from global construction industry along with rising concerns among population regarding the ill health effects of ultra violet (UV) light exposure is triggering fast growth in the global solar control window films market. These window films, although somewhat expensive than the regular window films have proven to be extremely useful and efficient in reflecting the heat from solar radiation in order to maintain the comfortable indoor ambience. Their transparent nature makes them extremely useful to apply in pre-existing glass windows in a finished building. Products in the global solar control window films market also offer another benefit that is considered attractive by the stakeholders in construction and real estate industries. These films hold the glass pieces together in case of the window cracking.
Growing global construction industry has been steadily fuelling the demand in global solar control window films market for utilization of these films in residential, industrial, and commercial buildings. However, availability and emergence of alternative products such as smart glass that repurposes solar window control can hamper the growth of the global solar control window films market in coming years. Products in the global solar control window films market are available in a range of various thicknesses, finishes, colours, and grades. Their applications also vary according to their type and finish. The most common applications for the products in the global solar control window films market include thermal insulation, security, reduction of heat, privacy, and UV filtration.
Solar Control Window Films Market: Overview
Window film is a highly thin film made from vinyl, polyester, plastic or any other material that allows the light to pass through. Window films are usually installed on the inner side of glass surfaces of windows in homes, offices, hospitals, boats, cars, and airplanes. Among the materials used for window films, polyester is a commonly used material, due to its dimensional stability, tensile strength, clarity, and ability to sustain a number of surface-applied or embedded treatments. Window films come in different colors, thicknesses, grades, and applications such as thermal insulation, heat and glare reduction, UV filtration, privacy, safety and security, and decoration.
Solar control window films primarily offer thermal insulation, heat and glare reduction, and UV filtration. These films can be applied on any glass surface by professional service companies or through DIY kits available. Solar control window films are used in automobiles, commercial and residential buildings, commercial and private boats, and for decorative purposes.
Solar control window films with heat rejection as a primary feature usually provide reduced amount of visible, infrared, and UV radiations entering the windows. These films are usually dyed or metalized (with a metal that can be transparent to visible light), which converts the incoming solar radiations into infrared radiations and send them back to the exterior through the glass. Modern technology has enabled production of ceramic window films that are non-metallic and without dyes that can cause discoloration of the film. Spectrally selective films function by blocking certain wavelengths of infrared radiations from the sun and reject heat without reducing the natural light.
Solar control window films with heat insulation feature are designed in such a way that they restrict the amount of heat transferred through the window glass. A low-emissivity coating is applied to the external surface of windows of a house to prevent the solar heat from entering the house. On the other hand, the inner surface of windows is coated when they are designed to provide heat energy to the inside of the house.
Solar Control Window Films Market: Trends
Regular window films are inexpensive in comparison with ceramic and metallic window films. However, the latter have an advantage of reduced energy transmission by as much as 80% over regular window films. Ceramic window films may cost higher, but they provide better service in terms of blocking of UV-rays and controlled heat transfer.
Solar control window films, as compared to generic window films, are not a subject to rigorous testing. However, standards have been formulated to maintain a quality level in the market. ANSI Standards ASTM D1044-93 and ASTM E903 relate to abrasion resistance and UV/solar transmission property, respectively. Major players operating in the solar control window films market follow these standards so as to ensure the quality of their raw materials and finished products.
Not all films are suitable for all glasses. Several factors are considered along with the type of glass where the film is to be applied before the selection and subsequent application of the window film.
In the recent past, there has been an increased demand for sun control films. It is observed that the demand increased exponentially, due to requirement for these films for architectural purposes in the construction industry (residential and commercial buildings). Development of infrastructure is a major driver for the global solar control window films market. Growing trend of energy-efficient houses is a major factor that has increased the demand for solar control window films, as the use of glass in the construction industry has risen (for example, the number and size of windows is large in open-plan houses).
Solar Control Window Films Market: Segmentation
Based on product types, the solar control window films market can be segmented into ceramic, metallic, and others.
Based on applications, the market can be divided into automotive, architectural (commercial and residential), marine, decorative, and others.
Solar Control Window Films Market: Region-wise Outlook
Asia Pacific is expected to be the leading market for solar control window films, owing to population size in the region. Increasing demand from the construction industry in the region is also expected to boost the market in the region. The market in Middle East & Africa is likely to witness decent growth, due to rise in construction activities. The global market for solar control window films is projected to witness exponential growth in the near future, due to increasing demand from key industries such as construction, automotive, marine, and aviation.
Solar Control Window Films Market: Key Players
Key players operating in the solar control window films market include 3M, The Window Film Company, Eastman Chemical Company, Garware Suncontrol, SOLAR CONTROL FILMS INC., Purlfrost Ltd., Saint-Gobain, Sun Control, Madico Inc., Polytronix Inc., and Solyx Films SA Pty Ltd.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.