Solar Containers Market: Overview
- Consumption of fossil fuel has increased significantly over the last few years. However, many people in rural and remote areas are not able to access electricity from the grid despite of the rapid urbanization.
- Steady research in photovoltaic (PV) cell have gradually reduced the cost of solar panel. This has led to an increase in installation and investment in solar energy.
- Solar container is a clean energy alternative to conventional diesel generator set. Solar panels are installed on international intermodal (ISO) containers, and the battery pack is kept inside the container.
- Solar container consists of four important components: the cooling unit installed in the container, the energy production unit i.e. the solar panels, energy control unit, and energy storage unit i.e. the batteries that store the generated energy
- Solar panels on containers are selected depending upon cost estimation and storage capacity. The control unit manages the direct current output from solar panels and supplies energy to the battery pack. The unit stops the batteries from over-charging or discharging.
Key Drivers of Global Solar Containers Market
- Increase in demand for electricity in remote and rural areas is anticipated to fuel the global solar containers market. Stationary or portable solar container units can be employed to cater to the need for electricity in remote areas.
- Rise in mining activities in areas where the grid connection is not available is also likely to boost the global solar containers market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
- Ecosun Innovations installed Ecosun container in order to supply electricity to the village of Ségoukoura in south-eastern Senegal. The solar container is 40-feet, and has power output of 40 kWc. It has batteries with storage capacity of 200 kWh. The solar container is used to supply power in a village of 100 huts fully without the use of diesel. Around 16 other identical units are set to be delivered to the same region.
Europe Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Solar Containers Market
- Based on region, the global solar containers market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is anticipated to dominate the global solar containers market during the forecast period, as countries in the region are striving to generate energy via solar panels in order to achieve the 2020 renewable energy target. The use of solar containers is also expected to improve the air quality and reduce greenhouse gases produced during electricity generation.
- North America is anticipated to account for important share of the global solar containers market during the forecast period. The photovoltaic market in the region is expanding; hence, the installation of solar containers is likely to increase in remote areas of North America.
- The solar containers market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at healthy pace during the forecast period. Increase in population and rise in demand for electricity are anticipated to propel the market in the near future.
- The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Solar Containers Market
Leading companies operating in the solar containers market include:
- BoxPower Inc.
- Greenergy A&D
- Renewable Future (PTY) Ltd.
- Multicon AG & Co. KG
- ERM Énergies
- Tiger Power
- Ecosun Innovations
- SOLARDRIVE CONTAINER POWER ApS
- Intech Clean Energy Inc.
- PHOTON ENERGY
Global Solar Containers Market: Research Scope
Global Solar Containers Market, by Battery Type
- Lead-acid Batteries
- Lithium-ion Batteries
Global Solar Containers Market, by End-use
- Disaster Relief
Global Solar Containers Market, by Application
Global Solar Containers Market, by Type
Global Solar Containers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.