Soil Testing Equipment Market: Highlights
- Soil testing provides information about the mechanical behavior of soil, such as its bearing capacity and shear strength, to construction companies, which help them build foundations, support for roads, or other infrastructure
- In agriculture, soil testing is majorly carried out to determine nutrient content, composition, and other characteristics such as the acidity or pH level of soil
- Some commonly used test that require soil testing equipment include the California Bearing Ratio, Compaction tests, and Atterberg limits
Key Drivers of Soil Testing Equipment Market
- Rise in number of constructional activities fuels the demand for soil testing equipment, as it helps determine whether the soil has the required characteristics to support the planned construction. Construction activities have been increasing across the globe. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, construction industry is estimated to expand at a rapid pace in 2020. Consequently, expansion of the construction industry is estimated to boost the demand for soil testing equipment.
- Rapid adoption of precision farming maximizes the yield and profitability of crops, which would aid in optimizing soil formulation and quality. This has also enabled farmers or growers to segregate fields into zones, creating a site-specific approach to maximize yields and minimize input costs. Thus, these factors are driving the global soil testing equipment market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Soil Testing Equipment Market: End-user industry Segment
- In terms of end-user industry, the global soil testing equipment market can be segmented into construction, agriculture, and others.
- The construction segment is projected to hold a major share of the global soil testing equipment market in 2027. The construction segment is estimated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period. Moreover, it is expected to account for a significant share of the global market by 2027.
- The agriculture industry is expected to offer significant opportunity to the market during the forecast period
- Demand for soil testing equipment in the others end-user industry segment is expected to remain moderate during the forecast period
Soil Testing Equipment Market: Strategic Outlook
- In August 2018, Agilent (US) acquired Young In Scientific Co. Ltd (South Korea) in order to strengthen Agilent’s analytical capabilities in the agriculture sector as well as enhance its presence in the market in South Korea
- In September 2019, Ele International (UK) launched a new version of the software used for soil testing that complies with BS, ASTM, and AASHTO standards. This software is designed especially for geotechnical laboratories. It is expected to improve the quality and productivity of soil tests, such as permeability, triaxial, and consolidation.
North America to be Key Market for Soil Testing Equipment
- In terms of region, the global soil testing equipment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In North America, the consumption of soil testing equipment is much higher as compared to that in other regions. Expansion of the construction industry in the various parts of North America is also expected to boost the market in the region.
- Agricultural professionals in China are adopting modern practices of farming for sustainable development in agricultural yield. Scientists in China from diverse fields, such as agronomy, agro-engineering, information technology, and geography, have been involved in the research on on-farm management programs. The Government of China has put in significant efforts to promote research on precision farming and funded several projects. These factors are expected to drive the soil testing equipment market in Asia Pacific.
- North America and Asia Pacific are the most active markets in terms of strategic initiatives, owing to their emerging and mature market demand, respectively. Some factors boosting the market are significant expansion of end-use industries and increase in number of domestic players in vertical market segments.
- In terms of demand, North America accounts for a notable share of the global market, followed by Asia Pacific and Europe. Expansion of the agriculture industry, particularly in Europe, is projected to fuel the soil testing equipment market in the region.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period owing to sluggish economic development in countries of Latin America and Middle East & Africa
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global soil testing equipment market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- EIE Instruments
- Controls S.p.A
- ELE International
- Sun Labtek Equipments (I) Pvt. Ltd
- Humboldt Mfg. Co.
- Shambhavi Impex
Global Soil Testing Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Soil Testing Equipment Market, by Test Type
Global Soil Testing Equipment Market, by Degree of Automation
Global Soil Testing Equipment Market, by End-user industry
Global Soil Testing Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.