Soil Hardening Agents: Introduction
- Chemical agents used to increase strength and hardness of the soil are called soil hardening agents. The soil hardening process is adopted to enhance properties of soil such as tensile strength, load bearing capacity, and overall performance. The application of soil hardening agents helps hydrophobic surface withstand extreme weather conditions such as heavy rain and frost.
- Various materials are used as soil hardening agents. These include fiber, polymer, cement, enzyme, lime, and bitumen. Soil hardening agents are commercially available in flake, powder, and liquid forms.
- Rapid urbanization in emerging economies such as China, India, and Brazil has boosted the construction industry in these countries. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the demand for soil hardening agents during the forecast period. However, environmental concerns regarding soil pollution due to soil hardening agents are estimated to hamper the market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rising Demand for Soil Hardening Agents in Non-Residential End-use to Drive Soil Hardening Agents Market
- Rise in construction activities in the field of transportation such as road and rail construction, primarily in developing countries, has augmented the demand for hard soil. Increase in adoption of advanced technologies such as bullet trains and metro trains is also anticipated to positively impact the demand for soil hardening agents during the forecast period.
- Development of the hospitality industry across the globe, including that in GCC and ASEAN, has boosted construction activities in these geographies. Thus, modernization of construction technology is projected to drive the demand for soil hardening agents.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific Expected to hold Major Share of Global Soil Hardening Agents Market
- Geographically, the soil hardening agents market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of soil hardening agents, followed by North America and Europe. Growth in the construction industry in countries such as China, India, Indonesia, and Singapore has fuelled the demand for soil hardening agents in Asia Pacific.
- Rise in FDI investment in the construction industry in developing economies of Asia Pacific is another factor likely to fuel infrastructure growth in the region. Furthermore, establishment of automotive and other manufacturing facilities, supported by private and public investments, has propelled commercial and industrial construction activities in the region.
- Thus, rapid increase in construction activities to meet the demand for residential and non-residential infrastructure in Asia Pacific is anticipated to boost the demand for soil hardening agents during the forecast period
Key Players in Market
The global soil hardening agents market is highly concentrated, with the leading manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share. Key players operating in the soil hardening agents market include:
- SNF Holding Company
- Cypher Environmental
- Global Road Technology International Limited
- Irridan USA
- TIMAB Magnesium
- InfraCrete GmbH
Global Soil Hardening Agents Market: Research Scope
Global Soil Hardening Agents Market, by Form
Global Soil Hardening Agents Market, by Application
Global Soil Hardening Agents Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.