Global Software Licensing Market – Introduction
- Software licensing is an agreement between a user & software vendor to describe the responsibilities of both the parties; it may also levy restrictions related to the usage of the software. Software licenses typically provide end-users with the right to one or more software copies without violating copyrights. Software licensing agreements mainly include warranties & disclaimers, and the limitations of liability of the software if the software/platform or its uses infringe the intellectual property rights.
- Enterprises follow software licensing methods including end-user license agreements (EULA) in which vendors can easily license their software. The second method is the white labeling software licensing approach in which a software/product is created by one company and later rebranded by some other companies.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increasingly stringent rules & regulation regarding software or platform: Prominent driving factor of the software licensing market
- Software/ platform is becoming progressively important across various industries including healthcare, automotive, and telecommunication. Software is becoming more and more significant for medical devices under the relevant rules & regulations. According to the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) Australia, definition of a medical device includes software and mobile applications as well. For instance:
- Software as a Medical Device (SaMD): The therapeutic goods legislation (Australia) covers manufacturers of SaMD products to obtain “conformity assessment certification” to permit inclusion in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG)
- Thus, the increasingly stringent rules & regulations regarding software or a platform is augmenting the growth of the software licensing market worldwide.
Increasing usage of open-source software/platform expected to significantly hamper the software licensing market
- Increasing demand for open-source software/platform is negatively impacting the software licensing market. Open source platform is a platform that anybody can review, alter, and enhance with a source code. Open source platforms usually are available free of cost and do not require the user to pay for any further copy. This platform/software is reliable due to two main reasons: open source platforms are mainly developed by talented & skilled professionals who develop high-quality programs. Secondly, the platforms are worked on by many people who monitor the bugs and also fix such defects within a short period of time. Therefore, growing demand for open-source platform/software is expected to significantly hamper the software licensing market globally.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
North America to hold major share of the global software licensing market
- In terms of region, the global software licensing market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global software licensing market during the forecast period since numerous companies are shifting toward software-based selling, which is significantly driving the market in the region, indicating potential growth of the software licensing market. Europe is estimated to be the second largest market for software licensing from 2019 to 2027. Increasing anti-counterfeiting & anti-piracy initiatives are likely to drive the software licensing market in the region.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly expanding region of the global software licensing market during the forecast period due to growing transition from homegrown to commercial SLM systems, which is expected to increase the adoption of software licensing in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
- DXC Technology Company
- Gemalto NV
- WIBU-SYSTEMS AG
- Vector Networks
- Nimbix, Inc.
- Accenture plc
- Snow Software
- Reprise Software
Global Software Licensing Market: Research Scope
Global Software Licensing Market, by Form Factor
- Software-based enforcement
- Hardware-based enforcement
Global Software Licensing Market, by Type
- User based licensing
- Authorized User
- Concurrent User
- Floating User
- Capacity based licensing
- Processor Value Unit (PVU)
- Server/ Virtual Server
- Others Licensing
Global Software Licensing Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Global Software Licensing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.