Software Defined Storage Market
Software Defined Storage Market (Usage: Data Backup & Disaster Recovery, Surveillance, Storage Provisioning, and Others; Software: SDS Server, SDS Controller Software, Data Security, Data Management, and Others; and Industry: BFSI, Telecom, Manufacturing, Education, Media & Entertainment, Healthcare, Information Technology, and Others [Logistics and Warehouse]) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Flexible, Scalable, and Cost-efficient Software Defined Storage Solutions to Gain Significant Traction
Data storage and management have evolved at a rampant pace over the past decade. The information technology sector has come to life due to significant progress in technology and evolving data storage and management requirements. Participants in the software defined storage market are increasingly focusing on improving their hardware to efficiently-manage data stored on the cloud as well as onsite. In recent times, software defined storage, wherein storage management is handled by a software has started to gain considerable amount of traction. Moreover, software defined storage offers organizations greater flexibility in terms of allocating storage to different hardware devices, and computing and virtualization in a single physical unit. Software defined storage is growing in popularity over old storage systems such as network-attached storage (NAS), as software-based storage is completely automated, flexible, and scalable.
Some of the other factors expected to positively influence the adoption of software defined storage include flexibility in terms of choosing the hardware, cost-efficiency, and integration of multiple data sources to develop a unified storage volume, and the ability to adjust as per the data and performance requirements. Experts in the information technology sphere are of the opinion that software defined storage is expected to play a key role in the digital transformation of data centers. Thus, the global software defined storage market is expected to attain a market value of ~US$ 53.6 Bn by the end of the forecast period (2019-2027).
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Software Defined Storage Market
Software Defined Storage Projected to Accelerate Digitalization across Data Centers Worldwide
The digitalization wave continues to take businesses by storm across the world. Furthermore, as companies continue to evolve in-sync with these trends, novel technologies, including artificial intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT) are gradually revolutionizing the IT sector. Over the past few years, organizations are increasingly adopting software defined storage and cloud-based storage solutions due to optimum flexibility and scalability they provide. In addition, a significant number of companies are adopting digitalization through technological and operational changes. While business organizations in the IT sphere continue to lean toward digitalization, data centers are likely to show similar interest due to which, the software defined storage market is projected to expand during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Due to the evolving nature of data management and storage requirements, at present, cloud-based platforms and storage technologies, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), software-defined network (SDN), and software defined storage are gaining a notable amount of momentum due to their desirable agility, scalability, and cost-efficiency. In addition, companies are increasingly opting for software defined storage to install advanced cloud-based solutions that will improve the protection of new solutions and operations.
Companies Launch New Software Defined Storage Solutions to Gain Ground
While software defined storage continues to gain a considerable amount of traction, companies operating in the current software defined storage market are focusing on the development of innovative and advanced software defined storage solutions to assist end users to adapt to the evolving business requirements. For instance, in May 2019, SUSE, a leading open-source software developer, announced the launch of SUSE Enterprise Storage 6, a newly developed software defined storage solution. The objective of rolling out the new and innovative software defined solution was to enable companies operating in the IT sector to minimize their operational costs and simultaneously improve cloud workload support, enhance integration with the cloud, and improve data protection. In addition, in July 2019, StorONE revealed that the company is launching S1aaS, new software defined storage in which the company’s storage services are combined with hardware to offer on-premise storage. The company further revealed that the newly developed software defined storage solution offers hardware freedom to the users, facilitates the smooth management of shared storage resources via a unified dashboard.
The overall progress in cloud technologies will continue to augment the adoption of software defined storage for a broad range of applications, including surveillance, storage provisioning, and data recovery & backup. The stance of government bodies across the world toward cloud and data storage will continue to influence the growth of the software defined storage market in the coming years. With the development of advanced software defined storage, software defined storage market participants are expected to focus on improving data security.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Software Defined Storage Market
The global software defined storage market is projected to grow at an impressive CAGR of ~25% during the assessment period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to evolving data management & storage requirements, growing focus on digitalization of data centers, and flexibility, scalability, and cost-efficiency of software defined storage solutions. Moreover, as cloud-based solutions continue to gain traction, the adoption of new technologies, including software defined storage solutions is expected to witness considerable growth. Companies should focus on the development of new software defined storage solutions with improved security features. While BSFI will be the leading industrial sector in terms of adoption, players in the current software defined storage market should tap into opportunities in healthcare, manufacturing, and IT to gain competitive edge.
Software Defined Storage Market: Overview
- The global software defined storage market, in terms of value, is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~25% between 2019 and 2027. The emergence of hyper-scale data has facilitated the expansion of software defined storage in recent days. Entry of new players with deep pockets is likely to lead to vast hierarchical changes in the software defined storage market. Additionally, advanced technological capabilities are expected to lead to strategic collaborations and partnerships. In this scenario, leading companies are entering into tie-ups with new players to boost their technological competencies. However, this may act as a barrier for new players to establish a presence in the global software defined storage market.
- The global software defined storage market is expected to reach ~US$ 53.6 Bn by 2027 from US$ 9.14 Bn in 2019. Emergence of cloud technology has led to computing and networking through cloud-based infrastructure. Greater flexibility and cost efficiency have facilitated the growth of the software defined storage market.
- The software defined storage market in North America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by Europe. North America remains the leading market for software defined storage, with revenues in 2019 estimated at US$ 3.48 Bn.
- Asia Pacific is projected to lead the global software defined storage market during the forecast period. Adoption of software defined solutions by IT enterprises and small and medium scale enterprises has propelled the demand for software defined storage in this region.
- Additionally, China is the most attractive market in Asia Pacific. The incremental opportunity is significantly higher for China, as it accounts for a dominant share of the software defined storage market in this region.
Software Defined Storage Market: Definition
- The software defined storage market report provides analysis of the global software defined storage market for the period 2017 – 2027, wherein 2018 is the base year and 2019 to 2027 is the forecast period. Data for 2017 has been included as historical information.
- Software defined storage is an efficient and cost effective solution through which the burgeoning workload is organized on software defined servers. Advent of hyper scale data has led to the emerging concept of software defined networking and software defined storage.
- In this report, we analyze the challenges industries face in acquiring the right software defined storage that can cope with the rapidly changing world. The report also highlights the total revenue generated through the sale of software defined storages across various key regions worldwide.
North America Software Defined Storage Market: Snapshot
- Strong presence of software defined storage vendors in this region is a crucial factor driving the software defined storage market
- Adoption of cloud-based infrastructure for data centers to enhance business proficiency is likely to fuel the demand for software defined storage over the forecast period in the region
Key Growth Drivers of Software Defined Storage Market
- Cost effectiveness and better flexibility – Emergence of cloud technology has led to computing and networking through cloud-based infrastructure. Greater flexibility and cost efficiency have facilitated the growth of the software defined storage market.
- Software defined Storage (SDS) addresses this issue by dropping hardware from the storage equation. It provides enterprises the flexibility to opt for scale-out, x86 processors with software that delivers storage management and data protection capabilities. Thus, SDS helps in reducing the overall infrastructure capital expenditure, thus propelling the growth of the software defined storage market across the globe.
- Cloud infrastructure adoption – Cloud infrastructure is the new trend as several organizations have adopted cloud services in order to compute, network, and store data with the assistance of cloud infrastructure. A paradigm shift to cloud infrastructure is seen as cloud computing has been an area of interest in recent times. In 2017, cloud investments across medium to large-scale enterprises increased by 19% over the 2016 investment. It is widely accepted by organizations to optimize networking environments due to cost effectiveness and flexibility. Software defined storage is an integral part of cloud infrastructure. Software defined storage infrastructure has the ability to build a converged operational model taking into consideration traditional technologies in order to provide dynamic application services, which in turn is projected to propel the demand for software defined storage during the forecast period.
Key Challenges Faced by Software Defined Storage Market Players
- IT professionals are experiencing a variety of security threats and issues with IaaS, ranging from regulatory compliance to data theft. Major concerns regarding data breaches are lack of visibility, insufficient controls, and cyber threats and attacks.
- Thus, theft of data hosted in cloud infrastructure by malicious actors, is obstructing the adoption of cloud IaaS and SaaS. The global software defined storage (SDS) market is hence, expected to get negatively impacted in the near future.
Software Defined Storage Market: Competition Landscape
- In May 2019, DataDirect Networks, an AI and multi-cloud data management company acquired Nexenta Systems, Inc., one of the leading players in software defined storage (SDS) for 5G and Internet of Things (IoT)
- In May 2019, SUSE Group, an open source software company, launched SUSE Enterprise Storage 6. This new software-defined storage solution is powered by Ceph technology.
Software Defined Storage Market: Company Profile Snapshot
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.: Incorporated in 1987, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. is based in Shenzhen, China. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. manufactures and develops fixed network, carrier software, wireless network, and core network products, as well as solutions and services for telecommunication operators. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. innovates in the areas of Big Data, Software Defined Network (SDN), cloud computing, and Internet of Things (IoT) to develop resilient, open, secure, and flexible platforms.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.: Cisco Systems, Inc. is a global networking company that designs, manufactures, markets, and sells networking equipment in addition to providing various services such as converged infrastructure management. The company has more than 10 R&D centers where more than 20,000 engineers are employed.
- Other major players operating in the global software defined storage market and profiled in the report include
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Fujitsu Limited, Commvault Systems Limited
- SCALITY INC.
- Infinidat Limited
- Nutanix, Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- VMWare, Inc.
- Dell EMC (Dell Technologies Inc.)
- Oracle Corporation
- NetApp, Inc.
- Hitachi Vantara Corporation
- Inspur Systems Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Enterprise.
Software Defined Storage Market – Scope of the Report
A latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global software defined storage market, to accurately gauge its potential future development. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the software defined storage market, to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the software defined storage market is expected to progress during the forecast period 2019-2027.
The report offers intricate dynamics about the different aspects of the software defined storage market that aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the software defined storage market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight the growth prospects of the software defined storage market, and estimate statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Bn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the software defined storage market, along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions the company profiles of key players that are currently dominating the software defined storage market, wherein, various developments, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Software Defined Storage Market
The report provides detailed information about the software defined storage market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that play a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the software defined storage market, so as to help them make successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- Which regions will continue to remain the most profitable regional markets for software defined storage market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for software defined storage during the assessment period?
- How will changing trends impact the software defined storage market?
- How can market players capture low-hanging opportunities in the software defined storage market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the software defined storage market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the software defined storage market to upscale their position in this landscape?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the software defined storage market between 2019 and 2027?
- What are the winning imperatives of market frontrunners in the software defined storage market?
Research Methodology – Software Defined Storage Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts to compile the software defined storage market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the software defined storage market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of data obtained through the interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the software defined storage market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the software defined storage market.
Software Defined Storage Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the software defined storage market on the basis of usage, software, industry, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they influence the growth prospects of the software defined storage market.
Data Backup & Disaster Recovery
SDS Controller Software
Media & Entertainment
Others (Logistics, Warehouse, etc.)
Middle East & Africa