Software Configuration Management: Introduction
- Software configuration management (SCM) is the process of controlling and tracking changes in the software. The primary objective of software configuration management is to identify configurations, configuration items, and baselines.
- Software configuration management detects any wrong changes that occur in the system and subsequently determines what was changed and who has changed it. Software configuration management can also decide how to replicate a configuration across several hosts.
- Software configuration management performs or keeps track of various tasks such as configuration control, configuration status accounting, configuration auditing, build management, process management, environment management, and defect tracking
- The global software configuration management market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to an increase in the demand for virtual or cloud-based software configuration management among organizations
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Software Configuration Management Market: Dynamics
Global Software Configuration Management Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Rise in adoption of cloud-based configuration among organizations is estimated to boost the demand for software configuration management across the globe. This is primarily because cloud-based software configuration management has lower deployment cost and maintenance expenses as compared to that incurred by on-premise software configuration management.
- Increased demand for customized products with numerous options is likely to propel the need for several product configurations, which in turn is estimated to boost the demand for software configuration management market during the forecast period
- Surge in demand for effective compliance with stringent regulatory laws is a major factor that is projected to boost the global software configuration management market in the next few years
- Rise in demand for software configuration management from enterprises to simplify and synchronize resources is estimated to propel the global software configuration management market during the forecast period
- Increased demand for automated management of IT policies and processes along with emergence of digital technologies across the globe is anticipated to boost the demand for software configuration management during the forecast period
- Data security and privacy concerns are expected to hamper the software configuration management during the forecast period
- Increase in complexities during configuring applications from different environments to maintain optimum performance is a key factor that is projected to hinder the global software configuration management market in the next few years
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Software Configuration Management Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by this pandemic. Most manufacturing or production of goods has been temporarily suspended all over the world. Businesses have been adversely impacted in most countries due to partial or full lockdown. This, in turn, is projected to indirectly hamper the global software configuration management market in the next few years.
- Lack of industrial activity is expected to result in low cash flows, further hampering the funding of projects. However, companies are collaborated with technology giants to develop industrial digitalization technologies in order to minimise the negative consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on the supply chain and their businesses.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Software Configuration Management Market
- In terms of region, the global software configuration management market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global software configuration management market in 2019, due to the presence of well-established and technologically advanced players such as Microsoft Corporation, IBM Corporation, Oracle Corporation, and BMC Software in the region. Rising demand for agile IT infrastructures is anticipated to boost the software configuration management market in the region.
- The software configuration management market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rapid adoption of cloud computing technology along with increased awareness about agile and devops practices in the region.
Global Software Configuration Management Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and international players are active in the software configuration management market with strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have created significant opportunities in the global software configuration management market. Market players are gradually focusing on mergers and acquisition activities with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions in order to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in Global Software Configuration Management Market
- Alibaba Cloud
- Amazon Web Services
- BMC Software, Inc.
- CA Technologies
- Canonical Ltd.
- CloudBees, Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- JetBrains s.r.o.
- Micro Focus International plc
- Microsoft Corporation
- Northern.Tech AS
- Octopus Deploy
- Oracle Corporation
- Puppet, Inc.
- Red Hat, Inc. (Ansible)
- Servicenow, Inc.
Global Software Configuration Management Market: Research Scope
Global Software Configuration Management Market, by Component
Global Software Configuration Management Market, by Deployment
Global Software Configuration Management Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small and Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Global Software Configuration Management Market, by End-user
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- IT and Telecommunication
- Energy and Utilities
- Retail & E-commerce
- transportation & Logistics
- Other (Education, Travel & Tourism, etc.)
Global Software Configuration Management Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.