Software Configuration Management: Introduction
- Software configuration management (SCM) is the process of controlling and tracking changes in the software. The primary objective of software configuration management is to identify configurations, configuration items, and baselines.
- Software configuration management detects any wrong changes that occur in the system and subsequently determines what was changed and who has changed it. Software configuration management can also decide how to replicate a configuration across several hosts.
- Software configuration management performs or keeps track of various tasks such as configuration control, configuration status accounting, configuration auditing, build management, process management, environment management, and defect tracking
- The global software configuration management market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to an increase in the demand for virtual or cloud-based software configuration management among organizations
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Software Configuration Management Market: Dynamics
Global Software Configuration Management Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Rise in adoption of cloud-based configuration among organizations is estimated to boost the demand for software configuration management across the globe. This is primarily because cloud-based software configuration management has lower deployment cost and maintenance expenses as compared to that incurred by on-premise software configuration management.
- Increased demand for customized products with numerous options is likely to propel the need for several product configurations, which in turn is estimated to boost the demand for software configuration management market during the forecast period
- Surge in demand for effective compliance with stringent regulatory laws is a major factor that is projected to boost the global software configuration management market in the next few years
- Rise in demand for software configuration management from enterprises to simplify and synchronize resources is estimated to propel the global software configuration management market during the forecast period
- Increased demand for automated management of IT policies and processes along with emergence of digital technologies across the globe is anticipated to boost the demand for software configuration management during the forecast period
- Data security and privacy concerns are expected to hamper the software configuration management during the forecast period
- Increase in complexities during configuring applications from different environments to maintain optimum performance is a key factor that is projected to hinder the global software configuration management market in the next few years
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Software Configuration Management Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by this pandemic. Most manufacturing or production of goods has been temporarily suspended all over the world. Businesses have been adversely impacted in most countries due to partial or full lockdown. This, in turn, is projected to indirectly hamper the global software configuration management market in the next few years.
- Lack of industrial activity is expected to result in low cash flows, further hampering the funding of projects. However, companies are collaborated with technology giants to develop industrial digitalization technologies in order to minimise the negative consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on the supply chain and their businesses.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Software Configuration Management Market
- In terms of region, the global software configuration management market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global software configuration management market in 2019, due to the presence of well-established and technologically advanced players such as Microsoft Corporation, IBM Corporation, Oracle Corporation, and BMC Software in the region. Rising demand for agile IT infrastructures is anticipated to boost the software configuration management market in the region.
- The software configuration management market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rapid adoption of cloud computing technology along with increased awareness about agile and devops practices in the region.
Global Software Configuration Management Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and international players are active in the software configuration management market with strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have created significant opportunities in the global software configuration management market. Market players are gradually focusing on mergers and acquisition activities with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions in order to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in Global Software Configuration Management Market
- Alibaba Cloud
- Amazon Web Services
- BMC Software, Inc.
- CA Technologies
- Canonical Ltd.
- CloudBees, Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- JetBrains s.r.o.
- Micro Focus International plc
- Microsoft Corporation
- Northern.Tech AS
- Octopus Deploy
- Oracle Corporation
- Puppet, Inc.
- Red Hat, Inc. (Ansible)
- Servicenow, Inc.
Global Software Configuration Management Market: Research Scope
Global Software Configuration Management Market, by Component
Global Software Configuration Management Market, by Deployment
Global Software Configuration Management Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small and Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Global Software Configuration Management Market, by End-user
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- IT and Telecommunication
- Energy and Utilities
- Retail & E-commerce
- transportation & Logistics
- Other (Education, Travel & Tourism, etc.)
Global Software Configuration Management Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.