Softphone Solutions Market: Introduction
- Softphone is an application programming solution that allows users to use voice over internet protocol (VoIP) system on smart devices such as personal computers, laptops, mobiles, and tablets as voice solutions. Softphone allows users to connectwith enterprise telephony system without any desk phones.
- Companies are adopting softphone solution as a cost effective voice solution. Softphone allows employees to connect withor use enterprise VoIP service through their smart devices. Majorly, softphone solutions are provided by VoIP service providers. Softphone solutions are primarily used in call centers and international BPO for reducing the expenses on the hard phones or desk phones and On Premise IP PBX systems.
- The soft phone easily integrates with contact center solution and improves the performance of IP telephony.Contact center solution providers are offering softphone license to customers for increasing the adoption of softphone solutions among call center sectors.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints Global Softphone Solutions Market
- Increasing demand for softphone solution in call centers for increasing the performance of VoIP services and IP telephony within the enterprises is expected to drive the softphone solutions market during the forecast period. The companies are adopting softphone solutions to reduce the infrastructural cost on hard phone or desk phone. The cost effective solution of the softphones for enterprises is expected to fuel the market during the forecast period.
- Several companies offer trial-based softphone solutions to enterprises. It is expected to restrain the softphone solutions market. Several solution providers offer free version of softphone solutions over the internet, which is expected to hamper the market during the forecast period. Customers prefer using free version because for a softphone license, providers charge annual or monthly charges. Sometimes a softphone has integration issues with smart devices which creates complexity in integration part.
To get a bird’s eye view of market forecast, ask for a Custom Report
Softphone Solutions Market: Competitive Landscape
- Founded in 1999, RingCentral is based in Belmont, California, U.S. RingCentral is a leading company incloud-based communication and collaboration solutions for enterprises.The company offers cloud-based PBX system for businesses.
- Established in 2001, Vonage is based in Edison, New Jersey, U.S. The company is a global provider of VoIP services and virtual softphone solutions. Itprovides VoIP services based on their virtual PBX system worldwide. Furthermore, it offers business and residential communication services.
- Incorporated in 2006, Nextiva is based in Scottsdale, Arizona, U.S. Nextivais global provider of cloud voice services and unified communication solution in voice over internet protocol. The company offers business communication suit, customer relationship suits, and team collaboration suits.
Installed Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on type, the market can be segmented into web-based and installed softphone solutions. The installed softphone solution is expected have more demand as compared to web based solution during the forecast period. The softphone solution is cost effective for IT companies and contact center industry.
Contact Center has Significant Growth Potential
- Based on end-use, the market can be segmented into contact centers, healthcare, IT & telecom, government, travel, retail, education and manufacturing. Increasing demand for softphone solutions from contact centers is meant to control the expenses on communication equipment such as hard phones, gateways, and other networking devices. The license cost of the softphone solution is less as compared to other communication equipment.
Regional analysis of the global softphone solutions market:
- Based on region, the global softphone solutions market can be segmented into Europe, South America, North America, Middle East & Africa, and Asia Pacific. North America is expected to be the dominant region in the softphone solutions market in terms of revenue growth, because of increasing adoption of softphone solutions in IT and service centers. Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region in the softphone solutions market due to increasing number of contact centers and service sector across the region. Major players are expected to invest in Asia Pacific to capture more market share during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global softphone solutionsmarket was highly fragmented in 2018. Key solution providers operating in the global market are:
- 8x8 Inc.
- Counterpath Bria
Softphone Solutions Market – Segmentation
Softphone Solutions Market Segmentation – By Type
Softphone Solutions Market Segmentation – By Application
- Softphone for Person
- Softphone for Company
Softphone Solutions Market Segmentation – By End-use
- IT & Telecom
- Travel Industry
- Contact Centers
Global Softphone Solutions Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- VoIP Softphone
- Software Telephone
- Soft Client Telephone
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.