Global Sodium Monochloro Acetate Market: Introduction
- Sodium monochloro acetate is the sodium salt of monochloroacetic acid. It is used as a component in the production of herbicides. It is also known as chloroacetic acid, which is the derivative of monochloroacetic acid produced through naturalization with alkali.
- Sodium monochloro acetate (SMCA) is also manufactured by spraying molten monochloroacetic acid (MCA) with 50% caustic soda solution into a spray dryer
- Sodium monochloro acetate has pungent smell and white color. It is used as a raw material in the production of herbicides, due to its high toxicity. It is also employed in the production of drugs, agrochemicals, dyes, textile auxiliaries, dyestuffs, and thickening agents.
- Rapid hydrolysis of aqueous solution of sodium monochloro acetate leads to formation of hydrochloric acid and sodium glycolate
Growth of Agrochemical Industry to Drive Global Sodium Monochloro Acetate Market
- The global sodium monochloro acetate market is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period. Growth of population and rise in the disposable income are key factors expected to boost the demand for sodium monochloro acetate during the forecast period.
- Increasing urbanization and continuously growing population is driving the demand for food grains, which boosts the consumption of agrochemicals. This, in turn, augments the global sodium monochloro acetate market.
- Rising consumption of sodium monochloro acetate for use in the production of n-glycine, dichlophenac sodium, maleanates, and vitamins is driving the demand for sodium monochloro acetate in the global pharmaceutical industry
- Sodium monochloro acetate is used in the production of various chemicals including amino acetic acid, barbituric acid, and chloroacetic acid. This drives the demand for sodium monochloro acetate in the chemical industry.
- Stringent government regulations and volatile prices of raw materials may hinder the global sodium monochloro acetate market. Fluctuations in prices of raw materials used for production of sodium monochloro acetate and availability of inexpensive substitutes for sodium monochloro acetate may hamper the market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Pharmaceutical Grade Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Based on grade, the global sodium monochloro acetate market can be segmented into technical grade, pharmaceutical grade, and others
- The technical grade segment is anticipated to hold a major market share during the forecast period. The segment is anticipated to witness rapid growth in the near future, due to growing consumption of technical-grade sodium monochloro acetate in various end-use industries across the world.
Agrochemical Segment Holds a Major Market Share
- Based on end-use, the global sodium monochloro acetate market can be segmented into agrochemical, chemical, textile, pharmaceutical, and others
- The agrochemical segment held a major share of the global sodium monochloro acetate market in 2018. Sodium monochloro acetate is largely used in the production of carboxymethyl cellulose, which is used in the manufacture of plant stabilizers.
- Rising demand for agrochemicals is expected to augment the global sodium monochloro acetate market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Offer Attractive Opportunities to Sodium Monochloro Acetate Market
- In terms of region, the global sodium monochloro acetate market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period. The market in countries such as China, India, and Japan is estimated to expand at the maximum rate during the forecast period.
- North America has been a prominent manufacturer and end-user of sodium monochloro acetate over the last few years. The U.S. held a major share of the sodium monochloro acetate in North America in 2018.
- Germany is projected to constitute a major share of the sodium monochloro acetate market in Europe during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global sodium monochloro acetate market is fragmented, with several regional and global manufacturers operating in the market. Prominent players operating in the market are investing in mergers, acquisitions, expansions, and launch of new products in order to maintain their leading position. Key players operating in the global sodium monochloro acetate market are:
- CABB Group GmbH
- AkzoNobel N.V
- Daicel Corporation
- Dow DuPont
- Niacet Corporation
- INEOS Salts
- Swiss Salt Works AG
- Dampier Salt
- Cargill Incorporated
- China National Salt Industry Corporation
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Cheetham Salt
- The BTTCO Overseas Pvt. Ltd.
Global Sodium Monochloro Acetate Market: Research Scope
Global Sodium Monochloro Acetate Market, by Grade
- Technical Grade
- Pharmaceutical Grade
Global Sodium Monochloro Acetate Market, by End-use
Global Sodium Monochloro Acetate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.