Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite Market: Outlook
From the 20th century, there has been an increase in the processing of food which has led to the usage of new types of food additives such as nutritional agents, processing agents, preservatives, sensory agents, flavourings, colour retention agents, baking agents and acid regulators. The preservative food additives decrease microbial spoilage, risk of food borne diseases and infections, and help in preserving the fresh attributes of the food and maintaining the nutritional quality. There are various food preservatives available such as natural preservatives, chemical preservatives and artificial preservatives. There are different kinds of chemical preservatives such as sodium nitrite, sorbic acid, sodium hydrogen sulphite, benzoic acid, and propionic acid, among others. Sodium hydrogen sulphite is a type of chemical food preservative that serves as an antioxidant and preservative. The antioxidant property of sodium hydrogen sulphite helps protect the food from deterioration caused due to oxidation. The preservative property of sodium hydrogen sulphite helps protect the food from deterioration caused by microorganisms. Sodium hydrogen sulphite is also called as sodium bisulphite, hydrogen sodium sulphite and sulphurous acid monosodium salt.
Changing Lifestyle and Growing demand for Processed Food Products has led to growth of Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite:
The sodium hydrogen sulphite is an odourless white, inorganic salt, which is used as a preservative and bleaching agent in manufacturing of processed food. Sodium hydrogen sulphite is a minor ingredient that helps preserve the flavour and aroma of bottled lemon juices, dehydrated potatoes, dried apples and all the commercial wines. Sodium hydrogen sulphite works by releasing the sulphur dioxide gas. The sulphur dioxide gas inhibits the growth of fungus and bacteria. Sodium hydrogen sulphite also prevents deterioration and discoloration caused by chemicals. Sodium hydrogen sulphite is used to preserve the colour of fruits and vegetables, particular in wines and seafood. Sodium hydrogen sulphite is used as a bleaching agent in grains and flours. Sodium hydrogen sulphite is also used as a dough conditioner which helps preserve the fresh bread and enhances the rise of the dough. It is also used in fruit canning in order to prevent oxidation and also to kill the microbes. The demand for sodium hydrogen sulphite is expected to be high in the global market, owing to its benefits in the food and beverage industry.
Global Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite Market: Segmentation
On the basis of form, the global sodium hydrogen sulphite market is segmented into:
- Powder Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite
- Granular Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite
On the basis of end use, the global sodium hydrogen sulphite market is segmented into:
- Processed Food
- Fruits and Vegetables
On the basis of function, the global sodium hydrogen sulphite market is segmented into:
- Bleaching Agent
On the basis of region, the global sodium hydrogen sulphite market is segmented into:
- North America Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite Market
- Latin America Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite Market
- Europe Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite Market
- CIS & Russia Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite Market
- Japan Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite Market
- APEJ Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite Market
- Middle East & Africa Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite Market
Global Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite Market: Key Participants
Examples of some of the key participants operating in the global sodium hydrogen sulphite market are VWR Life Sciences, Macron Chemicals, J.T.Baker, Millipore Sigma, RICCA, Spectrum Chemicals MFG Corp, Beantown Chemical, Honeywell, ACROS ORGANICS, Electron Microscopy Sciences, Parchem Fine & Specialty Chemicals, Jay Dinesh Chemicals, and American Elements, among others.
Key Developments in the Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite Market:
In the year 2018, Parchem Fine & Specialty Chemicals launched Zinc Sulphide 65M, which has luminescence properties. This product launch will help in gaining competitive market presence. This product launch will help in enhancing business footprint.
Opportunities for the Participants in the Sodium Hydrogen Sulphite Market:
The sodium hydrogen sulphite market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period, owing to its various applications. The sodium hydrogen sulphite is used as a food additive as well as in meat & poultry processing. It is generally recognized as safe by the FDA, when used in accordance with a good manufacturing practice. Food grade sodium bisulfite is generally used in products such as dressings, sauces, beverages, and fillings. However, it is not permissible to use it on fresh food planned to be served raw.
Brief Approach to Research
We have followed a modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate the data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms, and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sale of the target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, and consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market size.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.