Sodium Fluorosilicate Market: Introduction
- Sodium fluorosilicate is a white granular powder. It is used as a fluoridation agent for drinking water and in enamels for bone china and porcelain. It is also employed as an insecticide, rodenticide, and a veterinary treatment for lice.
- Sodium fluorosilicate is applied as an opacifying agent in the manufacture of vitreous enamels and opalescent glass. It is also employed in pre-treatment of hides, which is carried out before tanning.
- Sodium fluorosilicate is used in the manufacture of frits and ceramic enamels; as a fluxing agent in the melting of light metals; and as an acidifying agent in the textile industry
Key Drivers of Global Sodium Fluorosilicate Market
- Global demand for sodium fluorosilicate has been rising, due to increase in the production of cement, glass, refractory material, and fertilizers
- Asia Pacific accounts for a prominent share of the global cement industry. Rapid urbanization, growth of residential housing sector, rise in population, and improved per capita expenditure are expected to drive the sodium fluorosilicate market in the region during the forecast period.
- Sodium fluorosilicate appears in the form of white crystals, crystalline powder, or colorless hexagonal crystals. It dissolves in solvents such as ethyl ether, but it is insoluble in alcohol. Due to this property, it is widely used in cement additives, fertilizers, and refractory material and in the manufacture of glass.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Glass Industry Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of both volume and value, the glass industry segment is estimated to account for a significant share of the global sodium fluorosilicate market during the forecast period. Sodium fluorosilicate is widely used in the production of glass, owing to its excellent physical properties including lack of odor, tastelessness, and moisture absorption capability. Also, its relative density is 2.68 and its solubility in acids is higher than that in water.
- Sodium fluorosilicate is widely in the production of fluoride chemicals, which include sodium fluoride, magnesium silicofluoride, cryolite, and aluminum fluoride. It is also used as an additive in water fluoridation and ore refining.
Hazardous Nature of Sodium Fluorosilicate to Hamper Market
- The global sodium fluorosilicate market is primarily hampered by the hazardous nature of sodium fluorosilicate. On contact, sodium fluorosilicate can irritate the eyes, the nose, the throat, and the lungs. It can cause coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. High exposure to sodium fluorosilicate can lead to salty or soapy taste in the mouth, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle weakness, and loss of consciousness.
- Sodium fluorosilicate is regulated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and cited by American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), owing to its hazardous nature. These factors are estimated to hamper the global sodium fluorosilicate market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Sodium Fluorosilicate Market
- Geographically, the global sodium fluorosilicate market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to constitute a major share of the global market during the forecast period, owing to presence of a large number of cement, glass, and chemical companies in the region. China is expected to account for a prominent share of the market in Asia Pacific from 2019 to 2027, due to presence of a large number of cement companies in the country.
- Growth in population is projected to boost the construction industry in Asia Pacific in the near future. This, in turn, is likely to boost the sodium fluorosilicate market in the region in the next few years.
- However, usage of hazardous chemicals is banned in developed countries worldwide, such as Germany and the U.S., as these chemicals adversely affect human health. This is expected to hamper the global sodium fluorosilicate market during the forecast period.
- Middle East & Africa is anticipated to be a rapidly growing region of the global sodium fluorosilicate market during the forecast period. The market in the region is undergoing the developing stage. Key players are investing significantly in the market in the region to expand their footprint.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Global Market
The global sodium fluorosilicate market is fragmented, with the leading manufacturers accounting for approximately 30%–35% of the market share. Key players operating in the global market are:
- KC Industries
- Prayon SA
- Derivados del Flúor
- Fluorine Industry Environmental
- DFD Chemical
- Yunnan Yuntianhua
- Sinochem Yunlong
- Xinfudi Keji
- Hubei Yihua Chemical
- Fengyuan Group
- Xuda Chemical
Global Sodium Fluorosilicate Market: Research Scope
Global Sodium Fluorosilicate Market, by Type
- ≤ 99% Purity
- ≥ 99% Purity
Global Sodium Fluorosilicate Market, by Application
- Enamel Industry
- Glass Industry
- Cement Additives
- Refractory Materials
- Fluoride Chemicals
Global Sodium Fluorosilicate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.