Sodium Ethoxide Market: Base Catalyst for Biodiesel Production
- Sodium ethoxide is a white or yellowish hygroscopic powder, which is soluble in polar solvents such as methanol, diethyl ether, and ethanol.
- Sodium ethoxide is an alkoxide salt, which is extensively employed as a strong base in organic reactions such as deprotonation, dehydration, and dehalogenation.
- Sodium ethoxide is used in various applications such as organic synthesis, agrochemicals, chemical intermediates, pharmaceutical drugs, and oxidizing & reducing agents
- It is widely available in powder as well as liquid forms. It is also available in sub-micron, high purity, and nano-powder forms.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Sodium Ethoxide Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Sodium Ethoxide Market
- Sodium ethoxide is used as base catalyst in the production of biodiesels. Growing demand for biodiesel and initiatives undertaken by government bodies to promote the use of biofuels have increased biodiesel production capacity across the globe.
- Increase in biodiesel consumption is expected to drive the global sodium ethoxide market during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for sodium ethoxide as a catalyst in various chemical reactions such as Claisen condensation and for synthesis of diethyl ester of malonic acid is propelling the demand for sodium ethoxide in the chemical industry
Rise in Demand for Sodium Ethoxide in Pharmaceutical Industry to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Increase in application of sodium ethoxide in pharmaceutical and agrochemical industries is likely to provide lucrative opportunities for manufacturers operating in the sodium ethoxide market. Sodium ethoxide is used as a strong alkaline catalyst, reducing agent, and a coagulant for synthesizing various intermediate chemicals such as phenylbutazone, phenytoin, acetophenone, tetracaine hydrochloride, methyldopa, cetazine, aminopterin, pirafloxacin, pyrimethamine, cough azine, and pirafenicin, which are used in the pharmaceutical industry to manufacture drugs.
- It is also employed in the manufacture of agrochemicals such as pesticides and herbicides. Sodium ethoxide finds use as a catalyst in various applications such as transesterifications, Ziegler?Natta polymerization, and condensations.
- It is used as catalyst in manufacturing plastics, textiles, glass, and metals, and as additives in adhesives and paints. Sodium ethoxide is a key component in synthesizing ethyl ester and diethyl ester. Sodium ethoxide is utilized as a strong caustic base in Claisen condensation to produce β-keto ester or a β-diketone.
Flammable and Corrosive Nature of Sodium Ethoxide Likely to Restrain Market
- Sodium ethoxide is flammable, hygroscopic, corrosive, and toxic substance, which decomposes when exposed to air. It solution needs to be tightly sealed in a dark bottle in an inert atmosphere. Sodium ethoxide has highly corrosive caustic base. These factors are expected to restrain the market during the forecast period.
- Sodium ethoxide faces stiff competition from sodium methoxide, potassium t-butoxide, etc. These are stronger bases than sodium ethoxide and possess similar characteristics. This may restrain the demand for sodium ethoxide during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Sodium Ethoxide Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Grow at a Significant Pace during the Forecast Period
- In terms of region, the demand for sodium ethoxide can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- In terms of consumption and revenue, Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global sodium ethoxide market during the forecast period. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period owing to the presence of a large number of chemical and pharmaceutical companies in countries such as China and India, which are dependent on chemical intermediates such as sodium ethoxide and other alkoxide salts.
- Adoption of agrochemicals to increase crop production through optimal use of scarce resources such as land, water, and fertilizers has propelled the demand for agrochemicals such as pesticides, fertilizers, and herbicides.
- Rise in dependence on agrochemicals in agrarian countries such as China, India, and Vietnam is expected to drive the demand for chemical intermediates, such as sodium ethoxide, which are used to manufacture agrochemicals.
- The market in North America is estimated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period owing to increase in manufacturing, strong economy, rise in exports, and high demand from end-use industries.
Key players operating in the Sodium Ethoxide Market:
New product launch and merger & acquisition are the key strategies adopted by top players operating in the market.
Key players operating in the global Sodium Ethoxide market include
- BASF SE
- Chemit Laboratories
- Scafell Organics Ltd
- Evonik Industries AG
- NIPPON SODA CO., LTD.
- Dezhou Longteng Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Shangdong Xiangde Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Zibo Xusheng Chemical Co., Ltd
- Jining Hengfa Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Haihang Industry Co., Ltd.
- Changda Fine Chemical
- Xisace New Material Technology
- Chemtech Acids and Chemicals Private Limited
- Alkali Metals Ltd
- Zhonglan Industry Co.,Ltd.
- Gelest, Inc.
Global Sodium Ethoxide Market: Research Scope
Global Sodium Ethoxide Market, by Type
Global Sodium Ethoxide Market, by Purity
- 99% (2N)
- 5% (2N5)
- 9%-99.95% (3N-3N5)
- 99% (4N)
- 999% (5N)
Global Sodium Ethoxide Market, by Applications
Global Sodium Ethoxide Market, by End-user
- Oil & Gas
- Personal Care
- Mineral & Mining
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.