Sodium Citrate Market: Introduction
- The global sodium citrate market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, as it is widely used in the food & beverages industry to adjust the PH balance, firm vegetables, cure meat, prevent flavors, and brighten colors
- Sodium citrate is known as sour salt and is widely used as a food additive, usually for flavor. It is also used as an antioxidant in food as well as a sequestrant.
- Sodium citrate reduces acidity in food products and adds taste to soft drinks. It increases the storage life of oil as an emulsifier. In the health care industry, sodium citrate is widely used to control acidity in blood and urine.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Sodium Citrate Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Sodium Citrate Market
- The global sodium citrate market is growing with changing trends of pharmaceutical and food & beverages industries. Factors, such as an increase in urban population, demand for pharmaceutical supplies, rise in consumer awareness, and growth of the packaged food industry have propelled the expansion of the global sodium citrate market.
- Demand for food & beverages is rapidly increasing in the Middle East & Africa region, and this trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. Moreover, planned investments by governments of different countries in the food & beverages industry are estimated to fuel the demand for sodium citrate during the forecast period.
Food & Beverages Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of volume and value, the food & beverages segment is projected to grow rapidly market during the forecast period
- In the foods & beverages industry, sodium citrate is used to improve taste, and as a pH control agent and a chelating agent to increase the action of antioxidants and prevent spoilage of food
- Sodium citrate is primarily used as a food additive, usually as a preservative. In club soda, sodium citrate is used as a flavoring agent. Sodium citrate also contributes a tart flavor in commercial, ready-to-drink beverages and drink mixes.
- Sodium citrate is used as an emulsifier for oils in cheese making; it enabled the cheese to melt without becoming greasy.
- Sodium citrate finds usage in various health care and industrial applications. In the health care industry, sodium citrate is used in PH control to improve stability and enhance the activity of preservatives
Availability of Substitutes Likely to Hamper Market
- Constant usage of sodium citrate could impact body and mind of consumers. Thus, several consumers are opting green chemicals. This factor is likely to restrain the growth of the sodium citrate market.
- Consumers are preferring fresh and organic food products, which contain less chemicals. This change in consumer mindset will directly impact the growth of the sodium citrate market.
- Several developed countries have already banned medicines with acute side effects. Hence, key players operating in the market are constantly developing new chemicals that are not harmful for the body. This changing trend is a likely to retard the growth of the global sodium citrate market.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Sodium Citrate Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Sodium Citrate Market
- Demand for sodium citrate is estimated to be high from the food & beverages industry during the forecast period. The growth of the food & beverages industry in countries such as China, India, and Indonesia is anticipated to propel the demand for sodium citrate in Asia Pacific region during the forecast period.
- Rise in consumer spending and population growth will drive the health care industry in the Asia Pacific region. This, in turn, will fuel the demand for sodium citrate. China accounts for a major share of the Asia Pacific sodium citrate market. Moreover, the sodium citrate market in China is anticipated to grow at the maximum rate during the forecast period.
- Middle East & Africa is anticipated to be a rapidly growing region for sodium citrate during the forecast period. The sodium citrate market in this region is in the developing stage. Thus, key players are largely investing in Middle East & Africa to improve their presence and market share.
Key Players in Global Sodium Citrate Market:
Key players operating in the global sodium citrate market include:
- Archer Daniels Midland Company.
- ATP Group
- Cargill Incorporated
- Gadot Biochemical Industries LTD
- Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG
- Pan Chem Corporation
- S.A. Citrique Belge N.V.
- Tate & Lyle
- COFCO Bio-chemical (Anhui) Co., Ltd
- Laiwu Taihe Biochemical Co., Ltd
- RZBC Group
- Shandong Juxian Hongde Citric Acid Co., Ltd
- Shandong TTCA Co., Ltd
- Weifang Ensign Industry Co. Ltd
- Yixing-union Biochemical Co., Ltd
- Niran (Thailand) Co., Ltd
- Jiali-Bio Group (Qingdao) Ltd
- Anil Bioplus Limited
Global Sodium Citrate Market: Research Scope
Global Sodium Citrate Market, by Type
- Monosodium Citrate
- Disodium Citrate
- Trisodium Citrate
Global Sodium Citrate Market, by Form
Global Sodium Citrate Market, by Application
- Food & Beverages
- Cleaners & Detergents
- Industrial Applications
- Health Care Industry
Global Sodium Citrate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.