Sodium Chlorate Market: An Eco-friendly and High-quality Solution
- Sodium chlorate (NaCIO3) is an inorganic compound synthesized through electrolysis of sodium chlorate and water. Owing to its phytotoxic properties, sodium chlorate is used as a herbicide to control weed plants. It is also used in the manufacture of explosives and matches and as an oxidizing agent in the dyes industry.
- Sodium chlorate is used in the mining industry to extract vanadium and uranium. It is also employed as catalyst, as it releases oxygen during decomposition.
- Sodium chlorate is largely used in the preparation of chlorine dioxide, which is an eco-friendly bleaching agent used in the paper & pulp industry
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Sodium Chlorate Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Drivers of Global Sodium Chlorate Market
- Increasing demand for wood pulp for craft paper manufacture is one of the key factors driving the global sodium chlorate market. Sodium chlorate is employed for on-site production of chlorine dioxide, which is a key bleaching agent used in the elemental chlorine free (ECF) technique of wood pulp bleaching.
- Demand for superior-quality packaging paper, tissue paper, and craft paper has been increasing among consumers over the last few years. This is likely to provide growth opportunities to the global sodium chlorate market in the near future.
- Easy availability, ease of storage, and cost-effectiveness of sodium chlorate are boosting its adoption in various industries. Increasing demand for use in dye manufacturing as well as in the leather & tanning industry is a significant factor estimated to propel the global sodium chlorate market during the forecast period.
Crystalline Form to be a Key Segment
- Based on form, the global sodium chlorate market can be divided into crystalline and solution
- The crystalline form segment accounts for a leading market share, due to varied usage of sodium chlorate in the crystalline form in several industrial applications.
- Sodium chlorate in its crystalline form is largely used in the production of herbicides and in the bleaching procedure. Growth of the paper & pulp industry is likely to drive the crystalline segment of the global sodium chlorate market during the forecast period.
Bleaching Agent Application Segment Witnesses Significant Opportunity
- In terms of application, the global sodium chlorate market can be segmented into bleaching agent, oxidizing agent, herbicide, water treatment, and others
- Sodium chlorate is widely utilized as a bleaching agent in the manufacture of eco-friendly and high-quality white paper. Thus, sodium chlorate is likely to witness substantial demand in the paper & pulp industry during the forecast period. Increasing trend of using eco-friendly techniques for paper production is likely to drive the demand for sodium chlorate as a bleaching agent in the near future. Environment-related regulations in the U.S. and Canada are driving the usage of sodium chlorate as a bleaching agent.
- Herbicide is projected to be the second-largest segment of the global sodium chlorate market during the forecast period. Reduction in the availability of cultivable land is driving the demand for herbicides. This is also considered a key factor boosting the global sodium chlorate market.
Significant Growth Potential in Paper & Pulp Industry
- Based on end-use industry, the global sodium chlorate market can be divided into textile & leather, paper & pulp, mining, and others
- Paper & pulp is anticipated to be the leading segment of the global sodium chlorate market during the forecast period, owing to the rising demand for paper and wood pulp across the world. Sodium chlorate is utilized in the production of chlorine dioxide, which is used as a bleaching agent in the paper & pulp industry to produce paper of excellent quality.
- Textile & leather is estimated to be the second-largest segment of the global sodium chlorate market, followed by the mining industry, during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Sodium Chlorate Market here
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Sodium Chlorate
- The global sodium chlorate market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for a prominent share of the global sodium chlorate market during the forecast period. Paper & pulp and mining industries in the region are estimated to expand significantly in the near future. China leads the market in the region, due to rising demand from the paper & pulp industry in the country.
- The sodium chlorate market in Latin America is estimated to expand considerably from 2019 to 2027, due to rapid growth of the paper & pulp industry in the region. Furthermore, the market in Middle East & Africa is expected to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Sodium Chlorate Market
The global sodium chlorate market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a large number of global and regional players. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- ERCO Worldwide
- Kemira Oyj
- American Elements
- Mil-Spec Industries
- B. Enterprises
- Shree Chlorates
- Chemfab Alkalis Limited
Global Sodium Chlorate Market: Research Scope
Global Sodium Chlorate Market, by Form
Global Sodium Chlorate Market, by Application
- Bleaching Agent
- Oxidizing Agent
- Water Treatment
Global Sodium Chlorate Market, by End-use Industry
- Textile & Leather
- Paper & Pulp
- Others (Including Agriculture and Chemical)
Global Sodium Chlorate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.