Global Snack Bars Market: Overview
As awareness in the area of health and fitness is rising, and so is increasing the preference for healthy snack options. And, thus is predicted to grow the global snack bars market at an impressive CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
More and more people are moving away from unhealthy options such as cookies and cakes, that are high in sugar and detrimental to health in the long-run. Thus, there can be expected an increase in the product’s popularity as go to snacks.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Snack Bars Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Global Snack Bars Market: Notable Developments
A relatively new product in the food and beverages industry, snack bars are a product of the new-age. With urban population accounting for a large user-base, the need for newness in products is imperative. Here are a few trends that have impacted growth in the global snack bar market.
- 2018 – Super/Hyper markets held the spotlight in terms of market share. It is now seen that with the development of organized retail sector, there is ever more space for products to be more visible and more accessible to the consumers, ringing in positive news for the global snack bars market. Many such stores also offer lucrative discount schemes and promotions on a regular interval, driving in further growth.
- 2018 – PepsiCo came up with snack bars having fruits and vegetables in North America, which is a major market for snack bars. The use of vegetables can be seen as an attempt to differentiate the product in the highly competitive market
- 2019 – One of the major disruptors of the traditional snacking market, Hersheys, recently acquired minority stake in fast growing Irish protein snack bar brand, Fulfil. The deal provides Hersheys with an opportunity to expand its presence in Europe (where it is currently not in the top league) and Fulfil to do the same in the US market.
- 2019 – Nooro’s introduced 2 new flavours in its CBD snack bar range, tapping into consumer demand for healthy snack bars, taking the competition a notch higher.
Global snack bars market is fragmented and competitive. There are both prominent global and influential local players.
Key players in the global snack bars market include
- Nature Valley
- Alpen and Jordan
- Quaker Oats
- Kind Bars
Global Snack Bars Market: Key Trends and Drivers
- Snack bars are seen as meal replacements by people always on the go. As lifestyles get busier and number of nuclear families rises in developed nations market can be expected to grow positively.
- More people than ever are moving towards sports and athletics, augmenting the demand for smaller portions of highly nutritional food. Snack bars filled with fruits, nuts and cereals thus fuel market growth and keep hopes for future gains high.
- There is also an upsurge in demand for plant-based or Vegan snack bars. Last year, CliffBar and company launched a vegan granola bar. This year, Disney introduced a line of such snack bars called “Snacks with a Character”.
- The idea of travelling is not limited to living lavishly at the best of hotels and spending time within city limits anymore. Travel industry is therefore creating demand for snack bars with more people now hiking, trekking and visiting remote areas for fun and thrill.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Global Snack Bars Market: Geographical Analysis
North America holds a considerable market share and will continue to hold it for a long time as can be seen in health and fitness facts of the region. There has been a steady increase in market share of North America’s health club industry, from USD 24.4 billion in 2012 to USD 32.57 billion in 2017. Moving focus to the United States alone gives meaningful insights. For instance, as per IHRSA, the health and fitness industry is worth USD 30 billion and is growing 3-4% every year with no signs of a slow-down. Therefore, it can be safely said, that with health taking center-stage in the North American homes, the snack bar market is destined to grow..
However, the fastest growing region will be APAC, with India topping the charts. Here again, it is the rise in awareness regarding health and in disposable income contributing to this growth in a big way.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.