Smart Water Softener Market: Introduction
- A water softener is a filtering system that removes excessive calcium and magnesium concentrations that make water hard. When water passes through a water softener, the system filters out the hard water minerals, and the softened water exits the system to flow via the plumbing.
- Smart water softener is a technologically advanced water softener which has an inbuilt Wi-Fi or Bluetooth that connects to a smartphone. It softens and treats the water while monitoring water usage on the device and alerts the user if potential issues are detected, such as continuous water flow over a period of time or excessive water usage above normal. Demand for smart water softeners is estimated to increase significantly during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Smart Water Softener Market
- Hard water has a negative impact on human health. Kidney stones can readily formed, as a result of the salts found in this type of water, which is a serious health issue. According to the findings of the National Center for Biotechnology Information, increased consumption of magnesium from hard water causes cerebrovascular mortality. Other health issues associated with hard water usage include cardiovascular disease and cancer. Consequently, Demand for water softeners from both commercial and residential buildings is likely to be considerably high during the forecast period.
- The smart water softeners market is expected to expand during the forecast period due to rising penetration of internet, smartphones, and connected devices
- Manufacturers are having an opportunity to invest in research & development and introduce products that are environment-friendly, i.e., are energy efficient as consumers are currently changing their taste and preference toward products that reduce pollution or emission. Advancements in technologies and upgrade of smart water softeners are also driving the global market.
- However, the high price of smart water softener, the space required for installation, limited consumer awareness about the product, and the availability of low-cost substitute products are expected to restrain the smart water softeners market during the forecast period
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Smart Water Softener Market
- In terms of geography, the smart water softener market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global smart water softener market during the forecast period due to an increase in disposable income of the people, growing awareness among consumers regarding their health and wellness, and high awareness among consumers regarding the availability of such products in the market are expected to drive the demand for smart water softener in the region during the forecast period
- However, the market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This is attributable to a rise in disposable income and an increase in the demand for technologically advanced products in developing economies such as India and China. These factors are expected to contribute to the significant share held by the region in the global smart water softener market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Smart Water Softener Market
- A. O. Smith Corporation
- Canature Environmental Products Co. Ltd.
- Complete Water Systems LLC
- EcoWater Systems LLC
- General Electric Company
- Harvey Water Softeners Ltd.
- Kinetico Incorporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Us Water Systems Inc.
- Whirlpool Corporation
Global Smart Water Softener Market: Research Scope
Global Smart Water Softener Market, by Product Type
- Salt-Based Smart Water Softener
- Salt-Free Smart Water Softener
Global Smart Water Softener Market, by Design
- Mono-Cylinder Smart Water Softener
- Dual-Cylinder Smart Water Softener
- Multi-Cylinder Smart Water Softener
Global Smart Water Softener Market, by Connectivity
Global Smart Water Softener Market, by Category
- Floor Mounted
- Wall Mounted
Global Smart Water Softener Market, by Operation
- Electric Smart Water Softener
- Non-Electric Smart Water Softener
Global Smart Water Softener Market, by Capacity
- Up to 20,000
- 20,000 to 40,000
- 40,000 to 60,000
- Above 60,000
Global Smart Water Softener Market, by End Use
- Hotels and Restaurants
- Schools and Colleges
- Others (Offices, Hospitals, etc.)
Global Smart Water Softener Market, by Price
Global Smart Water Softener Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Other Retail Based Stores
Global Smart Water Softener Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!