Smart Telematics Gateway Market Introduction
- Telematics is a technology which is used to monitor information extracts from individual vehicles or fleets. Telematics systems help to gather data such as engine diagnostics, driver behavior, and vehicle location from a vehicle and visualize the data on software platforms which help fleet operators manage their resources.
- A smart telematics gateway is a next generation telematics control unit for connected cars. The smart telematics gateway requires highly integrated telematics control units which hold the elements of gateway control units, eCall functionality, switching functionality, and support wireless connectivity to the vehicle.
Key Drivers of Global Smart Telematics Gateway Market
- Growing government regulations for vehicle safety accelerates the smart telematics gateway market
- The increasing number of government regulations for vehicle safety and security is a key factor driving the smart telematics gateway market. Government regulations have influenced the demand for various electronic security systems such as vehicle tracking, remote diagnostics, on-road assistance, eCall, and automatic crash notifications, which have accelerated the market globally. In addition, the increasing consumer demand for infotainment and navigation systems have also accelerated the smart telematics gateway market. Moreover, the increasing demand for diagnostic data for interpretation & analysis for the improvement of vehicles is also spurring the smart telematics gateway market.
- In addition, increasing sales of automotive vehicles globally provides a major growth opportunity to players in the smart telematics gateway market. According to International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers, global sales or registration of new vehicles was 96.8 million units in 2017, up from 93.9 million units in 2016.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure here
Asia Pacific market expected to expand at the highest CAGR in the global smart telematics gateway market during the forecast period
- In terms of region, the global smart telematics gateway market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- The smart telematics gateway market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are some of the key countries which drive the smart telematics gateway market in this region.
- Increasing sales of automotive vehicles in Asia Pacific have provided an opportunity to the smart telematics gateway market in this region. International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers estimates the sale or registration of new vehicles in China to be 29.1 million units in 2017, up from 28.0 million units in 2016.
Key Companies Operating in Smart Telematics Gateway Market
- The global smart telematics gateway market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key companies operating in the global smart telematics gateway market are:
- Harman International
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Sierra Wireless
To get a bird’s eye view of market forecast, ask for a Custom Report
Smart Telematics Gateway Market Segmentation
Smart telematics gateway market, by component
Smart telematics gateway market, by market type
- Aftermarket Telematics
Smart telematics gateway market, by vehicle type
- Passenger Cars
- Commercial Vehicles
- Light Commercial vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global smart telematics gateway market, by region
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of North America
- The U.K.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.